Traversing Section lines

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know there is a large history with some people and section lines, but I have a legitimate question.

My in-laws have an 80 acre parcel conjoining with a quarter section they have. To get to the corner of the parcel that is has deer on it, I am currently walking about a half mile through discd ground and then another 1/2-3/4 mile to get the spot to hunt. All in all not really that bad, but I am crossing alot of the area that hold deer and am very visible, so they see me coming. Instead there is an 80 acre parcel (.25 miles wide) that I could walk along the section line. I would be better hidden and 1/2 the distance to walk.

We have walked this many times before without any issues from the people that have the property, but that is also typically when I am out there with the in-laws. So when bow hunting, I want to get in and out as quick as possible. Looking at the ND G&F, the only thing I have found is that traversing section lines is legal, but that is only in the Q&A section. Does anyone know where I could find the actual rule on this?

https://gf.nd.gov/hunting/deer/faq

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there a problem with just asking the landowner to walk across their land??

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes the simplest solutions evade me. I'll have to grab their plat book and get their number when I am up there next.

Thanks

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79