Setting Up Ground Blind

andyb15

Established Member
My dad is to the point this year where he can't walk the 400 yards to the hunting tower that we usually hunt out of. I'm heading out this weekend to setup a ground blind on top of a hill where we've had success in previous years and is a much shorter walk for him. Do you guys leave the windows a crack open so that the wind can blow through the blind and possibly prevent it from blowing over or do you just zip it up tight and anchor it good?

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I leave my windows exactly how I'll have them for hunting so that the deer get used to it. Just make sure to anchor each corner well and use the tie down straps for each pop out panel.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I leave my windows open. I used these for anchors (except the ones I used were black) -
1603.jpg

and use ratchet straps to tie it down. It held up really well last year.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep
Make sure you tie down each hub center. I like those anchors above but t posts will do, don't trust the loops on the ground or you will be missing you blind after the first wind storm. I leave the one shooting window open.

Just set up and brushed in another one this week myself!

blind.jpg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of, better tie them down tight! My Canadian buddies in Saskatchewan say the wind is nuts up there tonight!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56