Berkley Snap Jigs?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought some at Dakota Tackle 2 or 3 weeks ago and have been using them alot. They have out-performed basic jig/plastic combo casting and popping back, but not out performed jigging raps vertically. I feel they are worth the investment.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
i feel like I need to mass produce those shitty fins and save my self 4 dollars a lure

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
They look great but $5.50/jig??? Wow, seems pretty steep for a jig with some extra plastic on it.

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 Pack

They look great but $5.50/jig??? Wow, seems pretty steep for a jig with some extra plastic on it.

Scenic sports in williston has some, they come in 2 packs. I believe I paid $4.99, but I could be wrong. They only come in sizes up to 3/8oz but the word is bigger ones will be the next ones produced.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you really put a price on catching fish?
Or in my case the right to say hey look what I got, it looks so nice still cause I can't even catch a snag.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
snag.jpg

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I'll stick with plain old homemade lead head jigs to pitch plastics. Get 5-6 pike snarf casts in a row that cost a couple bucks a piece would start to piss a guy off. Would be interesting to see the action of these fished vertically though I spose.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What is the purpose of the eye behind the fins? Stinger hook or some other purpose? Is this another hook designed to catch more fisherman than fish?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the purpose of the eye behind the fins? Stinger hook or some other purpose? Is this another hook designed to catch more fisherman than fish?

Stinger hook or even a small spinner.

As I mentioned above, they seem to work well. Just another tool in the arsenal that "works" slightly different than other similar items. Hybrid, so to speak. The hook is strong and solid. The hook keeper combined with the fin pinning the plactic in has made changing plastics out of necessity (tearing off) not happen. I just change for a desired color or body style change.

Last edited:

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish USA has them 20% off today, along with all other Berkeley products.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66