LED light bar for SxS

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just curious if anyone has installed light bar on polaris ranger or something similar. I'd like to install on top but also have seen smaller light bars installed on front of grill...the factory headlights on my 2010 Ranger blow.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 2 LED work lights mounted on the back roll bar facing backward. Purchased wiring, switch harness, wiring, flexible hose to run the wire and wetherpack terminals to connect the lights.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't cost more than $50 if i had to guess. I really like them for packing up the sled house on the ice in the dark. Also forgot to say that I ran the wiring straight to the battery.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 50" curved LED light bar on my ranger. It's mounted even with the roof line and once you enjoy the light output from a light bar you will wonder why you waited so long. I'll take a picture tonight and post it on here for you to check out. You also don't need a really expensive bar either. I paid a little over $200 for the bar and 4 2" square LED lights.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dvorak in Bismarck sells them at their proshop. They are nice, but theirs are EXPENSIVE. I thought briefly about putting a 12" or 14" in the grill of an SUV, but decided that it's not needed.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm interested in a roll bar light bar. I tried Amazon and it was pulling up 54" bars for trucks. Wasn't sure if they would fit or not. So figured I'd ask the brains of this site. My bro has a 14" in grill of his atv. AMAZING the difference. It's 10x what his factory headlights put out. And was very helpfull when gutting a deer my old man got last weekend.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put a 42inch curved lightbar on the roof of dads ranger. I didn't want to drill holes in the roof so bought magnetic mounts from Northerntool and bought a metal plate with adhesive on it from a caseih dealer. Same plate they sell to stick gps antenna to fiberglass tractor roofs. I cut the plate in half with a chop saw as it fit better and I was able to make 2 out of 1.

On mine I mounted a smaller 12 inch light bar in the center facing forward and 2 flood lamps on the edges angled off to the sides. Used the same magnetic mounts and metal plates. I did mine that way so I could easily turn the small flood lamps to wherever I needed light. Now I wish I'd have just went with the same 42inch curved bar that dad has. Puts out a lot of light.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is the 50" curved light bar on my 2016 Ranger 900 crew. It's mounted with light bar brackets for a Jeep Cherokee XJ and they are perfect.
20171024_223059.jpg20171024_223112.jpg

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We put a small 10'' double row ( flood & spot ) combo 5 watt Osram in the grill and a 30'' curved double row 5 watt Osram ( flood ) light on the roof. LED's are not all the same the cheaper ones work but most times not as bright or as well made. Have a buddy that bought cheap ones on Amazon and all though not as bright they certainly are taking his abuse!
We went Black Oak and they can be spendy but last forever. Will be taking off when we sell or trade.
3041.jpg

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a 40" bar on my arctic cat prowler that I had. It works best if you can find a combo bar, one that has flood lights on the outside and directional lights in the middle, really widens the field of view.

I have had awesome customer service and great prices from www.superbrightleds.com They have a lot to chose from and are priced for the mid-low budget guys. I just purchased a 4" cube for by boat trailer and a 8" bar for on the boat and both were at my door in about 5 days (included the weekend)

Hands down, best investment I made for the prowler!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also ordered the clear covers for the light bars from Black Oak. I figured my luck going down the roads, highways, and trails someone will kick up a rock and hit the light bars. You can get colored ones too.

The stock headlights on our 17 Poaris General Ride Command suck plain and simple. Why they didn't put LED headlights in like the Rzr's is baffling as the Rzr headlight LED's fit the General. Lots of people have switched them over. Just have to make sure the plug in has been changed as supposedly they are different.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86