Garmin announced that it has acquired Navionics

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://youtu.be/h0X1peEgTqw

- - - Updated - - -

Who is running Garmin. Eyexer? what is the uptick and what is the down. Momma wont let me break the bank ---but I am still looking to upgrade thought about 10inch g1 bird that they have a deal on--- would like the 12 but she has her hand around my ##ts

--it looks like to me that garmin for the price of g1 has all the goodies that g2 has except for mega. Black friday?? what will that bring out. Any advice from one that have used all of the brands would be welcomed..

Stay warm ---- hard water in two weeks

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i believe that garmin acquisition is a big ol F U to lowrance... garmin and hb both have some good stuff for them... I will probably always have a bird in my boat just for the mapping... I always wondered what the garmins had for mapping and if they have acquired navionics then their underwater mapping must not have been any good

HB - really good mapping, and the mega down and side image quality is good (g1 not as good), 360 side imaging scan is a fun toy for vertical jigging and finding fish, 2d is 2d for everyone

garmin - if you get one of the lawsuite units you have the same side imaging as lowrance, down image is good, and panoptix looks like a fun toy

lowrance - down and side image are as clear as they get, just be sure to have a bird for a map so you know where to go to see the fish

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you’re saying get a vexilar flasher?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope navionics doesn't stop updating older purchases like navionics phone app, or sonarphone, lakemaster and those companies that provide lake contours will have to step up to the plate.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
the thing i read said garmin is keeping the navionics name and going to support existing products

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://youtu.be/h0X1peEgTqw

- - - Updated - - -

Who is running Garmin. Eyexer? what is the uptick and what is the down. Momma wont let me break the bank ---but I am still looking to upgrade thought about 10inch g1 bird that they have a deal on--- would like the 12 but she has her hand around my ##ts

--it looks like to me that garmin for the price of g1 has all the goodies that g2 has except for mega. Black friday?? what will that bring out. Any advice from one that have used all of the brands would be welcomed..

Stay warm ---- hard water in two weeks
Garmin seems to be positioning themselves to take a much bigger chunk of the marketplace. I don't think you can go wrong with the garmin's unless your one of those that obsess with these units. Feel the need to record every second of fishing and load it to your computer and drool over it all winter lol. And love to make your own maps etc. for 99.9% of us we would never do that. won't be long and Garmin will have everything the others have and then some. But ease of use in my experience has been awesome.

bowhunter88

Established Member
Have a garmin on mine and had to get a bird to sit beside it for mapping on Sak. Garmin had 10 foot contours at best with their best chip. Graphing is very clear so didn't want to replace the whole unit.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you get a Bird, the Helix series is the best bang for the buck. I still like my Lorance units and Doc Sonar chips over anything.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
my best sonar has been the vexilar edge2. I actually found a used unit that I am going to mount for this summer so I can run side by side with this new stuff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79