Non Prescription Glasses While Hunting

andyb15

Established Member
Do any of you guys wear non prescription glasses to keep wind, dust etc out of your eyes on a windy day? My last sit was windy and my contacts were really drying out and I was wondering if some kind of glasses (maybe safety glasses) would help out at all.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
they make dual pane PPE glasses that might work for you in the cold

41ZfKcDAwJL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GOR9756/?tag=nodakangler10-20

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I have had glasses for most of my life. I had LASIK surgery some 12 years ago and still wear some form of windshield on my eyes. Mostly in the form of sunglasses, but nowadays I also wear readers. About the only time I go without is on cloudy days with no wind.

The wind on my eyes is just something I have never appreciated. Not sure if it's from wearing glasses for so long, but I can't stand the wind on my eyes.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
check out http://www.habervision.com/Show-All_c_39.html

I bought a pair of the rose/mirror blue polarized to throw in the boat ... I have been very happy with them. a couple styles come with interchangeable lens .. I see they have an amber/polarized lens might have to check it out for hunting...I have wore just regular amber shooting glasses in low light times of day and they seem to really help

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I have had glasses for most of my life. I had LASIK surgery some 12 years ago and still wear some form of windshield on my eyes. Mostly in the form of sunglasses, but nowadays I also wear readers. About the only time I go without is on cloudy days with no wind.

The wind on my eyes is just something I have never appreciated. Not sure if it's from wearing glasses for so long, but I can't stand the wind on my eyes.

same here I wore glasses for 35 years then had lasik, Pretty much all ways have sun glasses or clear safety glasses on or handy to put on. first time I walked outside in the rain after lasiks I couldn't believe how the drops hit me in the eyes. only reason I can come up with I was used to all ways having glasses on.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always have sun glasses on. Even on cloudy days. My eyes were light sensitive before lasik and even worse now.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was introduced to sunglasses in high school (spend some bucks polarized, uv protect, the whole gammet) you can even get tinted lenses that do wonders in different light conditions. Amber does wonders on low light or cloudy days. You might just see more game. Not only that but it will save your eyes from the harsh rays of the sun. But I can't emphasize enough spend some money and get a good pair. You'll see what I mean.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what's a good pair. I will likely buy them and lose them in 2 days. But, I am still curious

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I went with Costa Del Mars. I have heard a lot of people like the WX brand. Once you start wearing them and see the advantages you get you won't lose them. I've only lost 1 pair (and that was because I set them down and they were taken) in the last 20 years.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80