fisherman-catches-fish-that-grew-around-drink-wrapper

ffjr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dam! I understand its a pike, but people need to keep the junk out of the water.
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/10/31/fisherman-catches-fish-that-grew-around-drink-wrapper.html

[h=1]Fisherman catches fish that grew around a drink wrapper[/h]By Greg Norman | Fox News

1509464383133.jpg

Adam Turnbell told Fox News that the fish he reeled in was unlike anything he has caught before. (Adam Turnbull)

A Canadian fisherman hopes his astounding catch of a pike growing around a drink wrapper will teach others not to litter.

“Pick up your garbage. This is a Powerade wrapper which takes up no room in your pocket until you get to a garbage can. Please share!”

Adam Turnbull, of Sarnia, Ontario, wrote on a Facebook post.

The images have gone viral with more than 12,000 shares.

Turnbull said he removed the wrapper and released the fish back into the waters of Alberta.

"I was very surprised a fish could even survive like this," Turnbull told Fox News, adding that he has never caught anything like it before.
"I spoke to a biologist and the blockage was just behind its stomach so it would have been able to eat normally, just longer for digestion to take place," he said.

Last edited by a moderator:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder what the fish will recover like, is the ring scar permanent?

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder what the fish will recover like, is the ring scar permanent?
Organs, muscle, and skeleton all grew around it. That fish is permanently girdled

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.59.52 PM.jpg

Ha! Keep swinging short bus. I'm way too busy helping your old lady bleach her mustache and find XXXXL Russells to be having two profiles.

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
What? I must of missed something.

One of the more clever users decided to give me a twofer. I can guess who it is, but I'd hope he's too busy improving his rod labelling skills to be worried about what I'm doing

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
don't drag me into this

- - - Updated - - -

that pike is crazy, btw. would've never guessed something like that was possible with internal organs

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Organs, muscle, and skeleton all grew around it. That fish is permanently girdled

7078.jpg

Ha! Keep swinging short bus. I'm way too busy helping your old lady bleach her mustache and find XXXXL Russells to be having two profiles.

Good grief is the original "sportsman" back? What a prick.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Randy Marsh is the best character on South Park and second place isn't even close

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80