ND deer opener

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the opener on Friday, just want to wish all you guys and gals GOOD LUCK!! :gotone: Unfortunately, I did not get a tag this year (oh well, such is life) but I will be taking my daughter out hunting and hopefully we will be getting together with my son and daughter in law, as they have tags also. :;:rockit Remember its not about shooting a deer, it's about getting out with family and or friends and into the great outdoors of North Dakota. The deer is just a bonus. And please remember to be SAFE!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be out trying to help a young lady get her first buck. Hope it works out. Good Luck All and Stay Safe!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
First rifle tag in 7 years. First ever mule deer tag. Got 2 weeks off starting Friday. I'm fricking jacked! Is it Friday yet???:;:rockit

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember its not about shooting a deer, it's about getting out with family and or friends and into the great outdoors of North Dakota. The deer is just a bonus.

Hogwash. If that was the case, people would get doe tags every year instead of waiting 5+ years for a buck tag.

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
4B muley buck - here we come! Headed out with a great friend to a ranch we’ve had the privilege to bow hunt many times. Usually holds some amazing critters - here’s to no ground shrinkage :;:cheers

jokostel

Founding Member
Founding Member
Flatrock, that's YOUR opinion. Everyone has a different reason for hunting. For me... it's about that split second moment before to shot, the ability to bring home some meat... and provide in a unique way.... to prove to myself that I can hold it down, without all these fricken gizmos that people use these days. it's me and a rifle. period.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will enjoy deer season again up in the great white north next week, its nice having a tag every year! :;:cheers

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I'll take some online knitting courses this weekend.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buck tag (first in 5 years) but I’m stuck hunting with a frickin’ bolt action this weekend. May as well go out with a wooden club. :;:lame

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buck tag (first in 5 years) but I’m stuck hunting with a frickin’ bolt action this weekend. May as well go out with a wooden club. :;:lame

Sucks for you! I'm hoping my 100rnd drum and window rest make it here by friday.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck everyone. I will be out for birds and coyotes while the wife and daughter try to fill their tags.

ejolliffe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may jump in here with a question. If a guy or party of rifle hunters sees a bowhunter sit in a tree stand or blind, do you leave him be or push the woods or what? The last 3 years I have been sitting in my stand and guys start pushing where I am sitting. If they didn't see me so be it. Just wanted to see the consensus. Public land by the way.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes. Its public land, which is limited, and just because you are sitting there doesn't mean you can claim the woods to yourself.
I may jump in here with a question. If a guy or party of rifle hunters sees a bowhunter sit in a tree stand or blind, do you leave him be or push the woods or what? The last 3 years I have been sitting in my stand and guys start pushing where I am sitting. If they didn't see me so be it. Just wanted to see the consensus. Public land by the way.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Make that first shot count, then it don't matter. Good luck to you.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member

i know I’ve talked to some guys that sit during rifle season just because they feel more deer are being kicked around by the pushers. But I feel your pain as I’ve had the same thing happen to me several times.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First tag in 5 years and I can shoot him out the dinning room window if I choose, then I can cross that off my bucket list.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we start down here on saturday found a 2900 acre honey hole so kinda excited about this year. So whats the story behind starting at noon on fridays?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67