Topwater addict

fishhoo

The water is getting colder and many said that the topwater time is over. Cause I am an addict of the topwaters, especially of the runcl popping face frog, I take them almost all year round. The truth was that they performed well.
frog3.jpg

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
The water is definitely getting cold, so cold in fact it has turned to ice. Do the popping face frogs work well when drug across the ice?

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like me some top waters too. Was much warmer here though:

fishhoo

The water is definitely getting cold, so cold in fact it has turned to ice. Do the popping face frogs work well when drug across the ice?

The Popping Frog with its cupped face will create a loud, strong pop which is deadly to fish. However, I don't think it would still work well when the water turned to ice. But spoons will do when ice fishing.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Popping Frog with its cupped face will create a loud, strong pop which is deadly to fish. However, I don't think it would still work well when the water turned to ice. But spoons will do when ice fishing.
Any thoughts on high fence hunting or putting rocks on section lines? Also I’d love to hear your opinion on fishing within casting distance of shore fisherman. Furthermore, where do you stand on dropping a deuce next to the ice house of someone who poached your ice fishing spot? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't there used to be a fella that chastised anyone who would fish bass in the winter? Some sort of hibernation whatchamawhosit... I was quite a while ago so likely on the last site...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think his name might have been Nick Simonson or something....

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hahaha hibernating bass??? That's interesting. I have better luck catching bass through the ice than I do during the summer...and I sure ain't snagging them.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I am remembering it correctly, his information was not about catching them, but that they do not fair well being returned in the winter. I suppose if you are eating them it would not be an issue. I always think of bass as strictly catch and release.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69