Building Tower on a Budget

andyb15

Established Member
I'm looking into building two tower blinds that I can put up this upcoming spring. I want to make them comfortable enough for 2 people. What kind of ideas do you guys have for me? These will sit 6-8 feet off teh ground. To start I need to figure out windows that are affordable. I've seen people use old bus windows, but I'm not sure where i'd get my hands on any and if they'd be quiet enough.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen a few that were built on hopper bottom grain carts with a 4 wheel trailer under it. They pull them where they want them and have their hunting blind built on top of the grain cart. Works slick.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Menard's has blue prints. Order the materials and go. Their base model is basic (just openings, no windows), so there are some up charges.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't know your area but if you watch for a home remodel there's a pretty good chance someone with have the old windows to give away. You don't need the entire frame, only the window part and then you can add your own hinges etc. Work pretty good as most are double or triple pain so the don't frost up as bad, especially if you insulate the blind and have a heat source.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73