All tagged out and done deer hunting for the year

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Season came to a close at 930am Saturday morning. It was a slow and cold morning until 830 when the does came by. Ended up seeing 9 antlerless. Then quiet for half hour til this guy came by. I fully expected there to be bucks following or chasing the does, but nothing. He was at 25 yards and my first shot hit spine. First time in a long time I have spined a deer, and forgot how bad I feel when it happens. A quick follow up shot to the lungs finished him off quickly. Glad to be done with baby due in the very near future!
deer.jpg

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seriously............you're going to post pic. and story at the same time????? Rookie!!

haha, congrats. on a nice deer and good luck with the upcoming addition to the family!

Season came to a close at 930am Saturday morning. It was a slow and cold morning until 830 when the does came by. Ended up seeing 9 antlerless. Then quiet for half hour til this guy came by. I fully expected there to be bucks following or chasing the does, but nothing. He was at 25 yards and my first shot hit spine. First time in a long time I have spined a deer, and forgot how bad I feel when it happens. A quick follow up shot to the lungs finished him off quickly. Glad to be done with baby due in the very near future!
girls-and-guns-for-todays-military-monday-27.jpg

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice buck to arrow! I'm new to bowhunting and took a deer with one arrow this year, double lung. It's part of bowhuting though, and I dread the day it happens to me....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70