Truck Tire Chains

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there anyone in the Bismarck/Mandan area that stocks a decent selection of truck/suv tire chains? I've got a set that I purchased through Orielly Auto a few years ago, but I'd like to get a decent set of V-Bar chains for the rear. I'll need them this weekend for a last minute trip back to MT, so I need to source them locally if possible.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know NAPA does in Williston, maybe they have something in the bismarck NAPA

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mac's Hardware, NAPA, Home of Economy, any of the tire stores? Bought a pair a long time ago for the S-10 two wheel drive I had, but can't remember where I got them. Man, that thing would go thru snow with those chains on. :;:rockit

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got these in the garage. Want $20 for them.

IMG_0427.JPGIMG_0428.JPGIMG_0429.JPG

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I called around to quite a few places this morning and nobody had what I was looking for. Most of them just carry the standard "one size fits most" chains that use bungee straps to keep everything tight. I was able to find a place in Billings that carries a wide variety of chains in a number of styles.

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought mine at a Les Schwab Tire place in Helena a few years ago. I think those places are fairly common in Mont.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member

I installed several sets on school busses destined for Montana and Wyoming. They work okay if deployed before spinning. Once already spinning, they just deflect back instead of going between the tire and road.
Some of the busses had sanders that would drop sand in front of the drive tires, but I never had the chance to use one to see how it worked.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75