Spray in liner, bed rug, or......

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I just got my topper on order and was looking at options for the bed of the pickup. Radco has a Bedrug for 400. Was going to go with that, but up till I had seen it I was going to go with a spray in liner. Currently I have a rubber bed mat, but that doesn't protect the side AT ALL.. I had an 09 pickup that had the plastic bed insert, and that won't happen again.

So the question, spray in, bed rug, stay with the rubber mat, or..... ?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a rubber mat guy, for $75 they do everything i need. Scrapes on the walls of my bed just add character, each one tells a story :)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine came with a spray liner, but I added a bedrug mat. I love the extra cushion and keeping things in place while still being able to slide.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yoby,
If your installing a topper, try to seal up the box as good as possible. Those toppers really suck dust if not sealed up really well. Get what seals it up the best. (I love toppers for everything hunting-fishing-family trips)
Good Luck

Fish On!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Perhaps other than sliding, I wonder why even have a bed-liner. Years ago I was told that a pickup was worth more with a bed-liner to protect the box. I had a liner in that current pickup and went to trade it, this was about the early to mid-80's. Went to 3 different dealers, not one salesman looked in the box. Have paid attention to that the past 30+ years and have yet to have a salesman look in the box. They want to know the options in the vehicle and the mileage. They take a quick look at the body and the interior and we're back in the office settling on a price. Have never been discounted because of a scratch or dent in the box.

Prevent sliding around I would agree. Value? never seen it.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the last couple pickups, I have mainly used them for hunting and fishing. My wife likes the fact that it keeps out stuff out of rain and snow.

My last pickup had the rubber mat. My only beef with it was when sliding my jon boat in and out it would rub the snot out of the tail gate. Haven't found a way to eliminate that unless the spray in liner and then yesterday the bed rug. Each pickup has has a seal kit installed and I have not been overly impress with the amount of dust that get in. Was thinking a spray in liner might keep more out, but this bed rug should do about the same if not act as a filter as well.

Do the bed rugs come out easy? can you pressure wash them? How do they handle stuff like gas and oil (chain saw comes to mind)?

- - - Updated - - -

The other reason I was leaning towards the rug was for insulation. I generally have my pup back there. Thought it would keep it a bit more mild back there for him.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've got a spray in and i've never heard of bedrugs. but, now that i checked them out, they look rather intriguing. mine would be pretty bloody and dirty by now. but, the spray in looks like shit too at this point.

dewey89

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could spray it yourself, I did my truck with U-POL raptor for about $120. professional results.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77