New to nda

Lazerwolf77

Hey guys I'm new the this (New to forums actually ) just came across this site looking for ice reports I live in Lincoln nd and have been itching to get on some hard water I called a gas station in bottineau yesterday asking about ice conditions the lady told me metigoshi has a good solid 8-10 inches I might make the drive up there this weekend I was told it's safe for atvs and sleds but she wasn't sure if trucks were driving out yet . I plan on bringing the atv . Can anyone on here maybe confirm that ? Hope she's right lol

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lazer,
Welcome to NDA.
Look at the Recent Fishing Reports on the home page. A couple of the guys posted a report recently from Lake Metigoshe.

Fish On!

Lazerwolf77

Thanks ! I'll look for it . Sorry if this post was unnecessary I'm playing around trying to figure out how to navigate the site .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lazer I might take a drive tomorrow and check it out, If I do I'll post here. I had good intentions tonight but it got dark before made It that far. I saw ATVs on the ice 3 weeks ago but we are way up in the mountains you know, Haha Just kidding about the mountain range but I did see wheelers on the ice. Welcome to the mad house.

Lazerwolf77

Thanks Davy Crockett! Sounds like good new my buddy told me he saw tracks on the boat ramp so between that and what the gas station told me I figured I could at least come see what's what ...lol I don't care what people say about the turtle mountains that is my favorite place in nd

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as you don’t snip your dog’s tail, we’re glad you’re here! Welcome!

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welcome Lazer...if you hit the ice this weekend be safe...don't go alone...good luck!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Thanks ! I'll look for it . Sorry if this post was unnecessary I'm playing around trying to figure out how to navigate the site .

Completely okay. Welcome to NDA.

I can confirm good ice on Metigoshe. Still, as always, use caution.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welcome Lazer...if you hit the ice this weekend be safe...don't go alone...good luck!

There is no "IF" for me this weekend. I plan on having holes punched by 7AM tomorrow morning.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
the report from metigoshe was correct... I was up there on monday and it was 11" except by the bridge and that was 0" I did not drill a test hole in that area... lots of ATV and snowmobile tracks on the lake... good luck... i did not get into any gills, just 1 walleye, 1 perch, and 1 pike

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where you headed BRK?

Haven't quite decided yet. I want to start at either Coal Lake or venture up to Audubon, but I haven't heard much about the ice in the bays of Audubon in the last week?

I plan on being mobile; might even try to hit up to three lakes if I don't find a bite i'm liking.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can confirm good ice on Metigoshe. Still, as always, use caution.[/QUOTE]

That is solid advice, There is no logical explanation for thin ice sometimes. When I was a teenage my Dad and I pulled up into the bay northwest of the old boy scout camp opened the hood and hooked up the ice auger cables and the auger made about 3 turns and I damn near fell flat on my face when we struck water, Ice all around was solid 2 feet 2'' where we were , Lucky the 69 chevy two wheel drive was light . Old man made me walk and carry the auger and he backed out in the same tracks , A few feet away was 2 feet again. What was it , Five years ago? pickups were driving all around the lake and Christmas eve during a snow storm a pickup dropped one wheel through , The guys got out and were going to wait till daylight but the pickup sank . It was cold and stormy and they searched for the pickup for days before they recovered it. Be safe out there fellas, I've broke through and feel blessed to be typing this.

Lazerwolf77

Thanks for all the responses guys I went to metigoshi last weekend and ended up with 4 eyes smallest was 16 inches and 2 nice bluegill . Also caught a bunch of small perch and some northern I'll be heading back up there tomorrow for the weekend if anyone wants to tag along let me know !!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79