Strikemaster Auger

CBND

So I was getting auger ready and started right up and throttle worked fine.. Put it outside for a few hours and when I started it back up there was no throttle response.. Any idea's on a fix? Auger is fairly new... Maybe 5-6 years.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Linkage problem or needs carb adjustment maybe or it is effing cold and just needed to warm up more. My old Jiffy 30 can run great when it is about 0-30 and the engine stays about like that but when it starts getting below 0 or -10 I sometimes have to tune the carb a little for the temps.
This is my swing in the dark.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spray all the linkage points with lube. My strike master would do the same thing.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My old Jiffys do that too , On jiffy it's a dinky little spring that operates the butterfly valve . There is close tolerance on the butterfly shaft so it gets frozen in place easy. I always carry "heet" in the vehicles so I just pour a teeny bit on the outside of the carb and the problem goes away.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Strikemaster is probably 20 years old. Yesterday I learned 2 lessons:
1. Keep the auger in the cab when it is -20 as it did not want to start when I got to the lake cause it was too cold. Warmed it up in the shack and then it took right off.
B. Later in the day the fuel line (little hose) cracked for no apparent reason other than the cold. I SHOULD have replaced that every so often as it appears to be old and brittle. So adding that to the general maintenance checklist.

CBND

Always get a kick out of something that doesn't work because its cold outside... especially when its an ice auger, for ice fishing, on the ice.... Ha! my plan is to spray key areas of linkage as suggested if A known problem/fix doesn't exist.. Has always worked well in the past so want to eliminate something that could be broken that I cant see.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easiest fix would be to buy an electric auger I guess:;:stirthepot. Not many things like to work in -20 range and few things are designed for it we left my Jiffy 30 at home and used my buddies Ion Saturday and Sunday.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was tired of my strikemaster pissing me off so I bought an ion. Couldn't be happier.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I was getting auger ready and started right up and throttle worked fine.. Put it outside for a few hours and when I started it back up there was no throttle response.. Any idea's on a fix? Auger is fairly new... Maybe 5-6 years.

So did you figure it out? The throttle has a direct connection onto the carb, so something must have come unhooked or broke.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74