Heading to the lake

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the very first thing you do when you finally pull into your lake place.

We seasonal camp, so our stuff stays at the campground all summer. It takes about 90 minutes or so to get to our spot, depends on the road construction, traffic, and the a-hole in front of me.

The very first thing I do after getting out of the pickup, is open the cooler and crack an ice cold Busch light, then let the dog out of the back, then let mrs johnr out of the back...haha :;:

Its always a beer then the rest of the stuff, I would guess it is the same with 90% of the guys I hang with.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to run around and make sure everything is in the boat, unhook straps, organize my tackle, take rods out of socks, crack a beer whilst blocking the entire ramp. Once I feel everyone is agitated thoroughly, I take off. :::

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get the camper unhooked then grab a beer while I get it leveled and set up. If all goes well boats in the water within an hour of arrival. The wife and I have a pretty good system worked out for setting up and we can usually be done pretty quick. I just wish the tear down was as fast and easy.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes a cold beer is almost always first. Then a quick unpacking of anything else that we may have brought with followed by several more beers. Typically I only drink one more than I should... :::

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

We seasonal camp, so our stuff stays at the campground all summer. It takes about 90 minutes or so to get to our spot, depends on the road construction, traffic, and the a-hole in front of me.

The very first thing I do after getting out of the pickup, is open the cooler and crack an ice cold Busch light, then let the dog out of the back, then let mrs johnr out of the back...haha :;:

Its always a beer then the rest of the stuff, I would guess it is the same with 90% of the guys I hang with.

and u can fit all your 13 inch walleyes in your beer cooler to avoid getting ticketed for a full live well full of dinks. Haha

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being the lake is 3 miles form my house i dont do much except fish when i get there

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member

Why are you buying the $18/30-pak beer when you've already spent so much money on a wife, camper, boat, dog, etc. By now you should be taking those sampler cases of craft beers. Your neighbors & visitors would appreciate that, ya know!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why are you buying the $18/30-pak beer when you've already spent so much money on a wife, camper, boat, dog, etc. By now you should be taking those sampler cases of craft beers. Your neighbors & visitors would appreciate that, ya know!

Haha I Have Come To Love An Ice COLD Busch Light, It Taste Best WITH A Cooler Full Of Western dinks.....haha....dinky dinks

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the camper has been in storage for 3 years. First trip out this weekend. I realize I also crack a beer or two when I'm tearing the camp down. Seems everything goes better with beer. Huh? Although I started out with a Bloody Mary. Wow is breakfast good with a little Vodka.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pluck a jaunty number on the lute, drink beers, get fire going.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being the lake is 3 miles form my house i dont do much except fish when i get there

Yep, the ramp is 0.74 miles from my driveway, and that's the far north end of the Island. My house is as close to the lake as some campgrounds.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71