Archery leaque

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
This year I got asked by are real good long time friend of mine to be on his team. I bought PSE Spyder a few years to go to mess around with. To see if I would like to try bow hunting. At first, I didn't shoot it enough to real make a good decision on it. Then this past year, I tried to get into firing it more, I was all over the target and not happy with they way I was shooting, didn't like the arrow rest, tried a whisker bisquit, couldn't quite get a group I like, went back to the arrow rest.

So, anyways, I got a membership to the Archery club, practiced once and got the bow sighted, changed draw length. Well, lets just say, my first night went to hell...my arrow rest started shredding the Fletches off the arrow making arrow flight pretty bad. We shoot at 20 targets, 2 arrows, I had 8 arrows in my case, I went down to one arrow the last 4 targets, scored 90 points out of possible 400. One arrow went off bow so bad, it hit the framing of one target and broke in half.

Things I found out, my draw length is way too short for one thing, and we have it set a max draw length on the bow, so I have both, second, I put the whisker biscuit back one, went up to shoot it the next night, whoa la...hit target just fine, even kill zone on some targets, piece of shit arrow rest I had on.
So this

Now I just need to get about 4 arrows re fletched and I'm ready for this thurday night again.

I will be getting a new bow for sure, looking at the Diamond infinity edge pro. Like the variety of draw weight and draw length adjustments it has to offer, plus found a package deal for 339.00
I'm a little weaklin pulling 48 lbs...ha ha

Wish me luck, I will post my results from thursday....

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
have you looked at getting the correct cam's for your current bow to get the draw length? or are you a long arm monkey with like a 32" draw? I am not saying don't get a new bow just saying you could maybe get that bow to work for you

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to improve you shooting, check out John Dudley on YouTube. He has tons of videos on correct form and setup. That goes a LONG ways on improving your shooting.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
have you looked at getting the correct cam's for your current bow to get the draw length? or are you a long arm monkey with like a 32" draw? I am not saying don't get a new bow just saying you could maybe get that bow to work for you

The bow is max out on the draw length and its still short, I"m a short armed dude...lol....26" draw....the bow is a youth bow, at the time I bought the bow I couldn't tell the difference between adult and youth, the guy I bought from didn't have any manuals for it, in fact I don't even know what year it is and the serial number has wore off

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Good Luck! Wish there was an archery league around here!!

Saw you're in Bottineau. We have a pretty informal one out here in Antler at our Church. 3D targets out to 25 years. Friday nights @ 8

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
don't go - it's a trap!

deliverance-original.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw you're in Bottineau. We have a pretty informal one out here in Antler at our Church. 3D targets out to 25 years. Friday nights @ 8

How would you even remember when to check the target? Have you some sort of helium filled arrows or does your bow shoot over the speed of light?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
don't go - it's a trap!

deliverance-original.jpg

Well instead of making you squeal like a pig, we open with a short word of prayer and have some fun out to 25 yards.........12 targets two rounds one arrow each target each round. It might not be for the likes of you #guywhohastomakesomelittlequip

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just saw a deal on the faceplace earlier in one of the archery equipment for sale groups it looks like there is a dealer closing and selling off their entire stock of bows (all hoyts) and you could get a defiant or pro defiant for $600 bare bow... hell of a deal on these bows... unfortunately i had forgot about this post and now I cant find the post again

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a typical "first night" for alot of beginning archers!!Joining a club is one of the best things you can do,you will get valuable feed back from other members,this maybe form,eqipment,etc.John Dudley's nockon archery podcast' are good learning tools also,I agree with most of what he puts out,But form can be very individual also,follow those videos but if you have to tweek things to make it comfortable for you,do it.Accuracy comes from repeatability!!I wouldnt be in a rush to get new equipment,take some time to find what gear you really like.
When it comes to buying sites like archerytalk,and archery talk&tech on facebook,have guys sellingnear new gear at very good prices.
Good Luck and enjoy!!Archery leagues,3D's and bowhunting has been a big part of my life for many years!!

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a typical "first night" for alot of beginning archers!!Joining a club is one of the best things you can do,you will get valuable feed back from other members,this maybe form,eqipment,etc.John Dudley's nockon archery podcast' are good learning tools also,I agree with most of what he puts out,But form can be very individual also,follow those videos but if you have to tweek things to make it comfortable for you,do it.Accuracy comes from repeatability!!I wouldnt be in a rush to get new equipment,take some time to find what gear you really like.
When it comes to buying sites like archerytalk,and archery talk&tech on facebook,have guys sellingnear new gear at very good prices.
Good Luck and enjoy!!Archery leagues,3D's and bowhunting has been a big part of my life for many years!!

Thanks Muzzy, round 2 tomorrow night, stay tuned...lol

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Week 2 - results.......205 out of 400, so some improvements, but this will be the last time I shoot the PSE..New bow will be here next week, we don't have leaque next week because of a tournament, "super bowl shoot" feb 2-4. Will sell the PSE for cheap

Last week we didn't shoot as the club set up for the super bowl shoot, I didn't shoot in it because new bow was not set up and sighted in and didn't want look like an ass...

Last night, I shot a 300 out of possible 400...now need to do more fine tuning sigting in...at least I'm on paper....lol

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79