2019 silverado sneak~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
peek...

Lookin good...Plus all new powertrains starting with the duramx diesel in the 1500...

WHAT INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON POWERTRAINS?A: We will offer six engine/transmission combinations, including an all-newDuramax® 3.0L Turbo-Diesel inline 6-cylinder engine and next-generation 6.2LV8 engine, both paired with the all-new 10-speed transmission. More details willbe revealed soon

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-front-side-view.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Been down this road before over the years,anyone thinking about a new silverado and looking for a deal,stay tuuned this 2019 will be out early come spring,so with that said we'll see a fire sale on the current 2018 models I suspect,happens everytime we have new models coming out.

FYI

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the best part about this is all the GM fanboys talking so much shit about aluminum bodied pickups the last couple years....aka Ford...... GM is making aluminum body pickups now. BUT BUT BUT... GM still has a steel bed so that makes it better! GM, always one step behind Ford. Now they are coming out with a diesel, after ford does it in a half ton. Sorry gents, I'm in one of those moods today.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Swoop that front door down and swap out the bow tie and it be hard to tell the difference.

Shiite, easy as hell to tell the difference between a Ford and a GM product running down the road. The Ford is the one with the lights that work. Am I the only one to notice that if I see a light out on a vehicle that it's damn near always a GM product? If you haven't noticed before, it's the easiest way from a distance. I'm not sure how GM is doing overall, but I know they can darn sure use some help with their electrical.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy gents GM is not building an aluminum truck just a few body parts which they have ben doing since 2014 on p/u's,taco's and sub's.

MIXED MATERIALS• Silverado 1500 strengthens its winning formula, building durability and corrosionresistance into every truck body and ensuring capability where it’s needed• Body structure consists of predominantly lightweight high-strength steel withaluminum hood, doors and tailgate to reduce weight compared to the currenttruck (see illustration, right)• Even with its bolder proportions, the all-new Silverado weighs up to 450 lbs. lessthan the current model1AERODYNAMICS• Exterior design and aerodynamics blend seamlessly in the next-gen Silverado toprovide a 7.5 percent improvement in Cd (drag coefficient) performance over thecurrent generation• Highlights include air curtains on the sides of the front fascia that channel airflowthrough the wheel wells to help reduce pressure• Airflow arcs over the tailgate to minimize drag in highway drivingINTERIOR SPACE• More headroom and shoulder room in the front seat compared to the current truck• More leg room for rear-seat passengers in the Crew Cab and better kneeclearance in Double Cabs compared to the current generation• Innovative storage solutions include an available rear underseat bin.

Actually the light duty diesel was on the drawing board 5yrs ago and scraped when diesel fuel went to $5/gal here in the midwest....

Also the 2.8 diesel in the colorado is a winner as well with a 7000lb towing capability.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shiite, easy as hell to tell the difference between a Ford and a GM product running down the road. The Ford is the one with the lights that work. Am I the only one to notice that if I see a light out on a vehicle that it's damn near always a GM product? If you haven't noticed before, it's the easiest way from a distance. I'm not sure how GM is doing overall, but I know they can darn sure use some help with their electrical.
You are so right Allen. Always one running light out on them GM.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks pretty good, I like that they are making them a bit higher again. I don't see the Ford resemblance myself, maybe a little Toyota if anything.

As far as Diesels in half ton's, once one does it (Dodge) they all have to follow to not lose out on a percentage of the market.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So true with GM's DRL's we figure its a way to get these trucks in the shop for service....On the otherhand these lights can't take the pounding of rough roads as far back as I can remember,rarely see DRL's out in the city,but a guy can always turn off the DRL's if concerned.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure how you guys think this looks like a Ford. It doesn't look broke down on the side of the road to me. #$%^&>

Looks a bit like a Toyota I think.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can clarify, but don't most companies have issues with vehicles when they come out with a new body style? I've heard it usually takes a year to work the bugs out when they change styles. Only time I heard that was from a buddy who used to sell cars. Not sure if that is valid or not. Any one else heard this before?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74