dual cam issue

grizzlyrider

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife has a diamond razors edge bow and and the cams do not roll over at the exact same time. We took the bow in last year and the guys at scheels tried almost everything and still no luck. My question is do you think it could be as simple as adding or removing a twist in one side of the cable ?

Icumpd

Founding Member
Founding Member
First of all if this is in Minot Scheels is not where you should take it. You should go see Darren at Archers Elite. I had a similar issue with a bow that was bought and set up at Scheels.....learned from my mistake went back to Archers Elite.

Last edited:

Icumpd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your Bow needs a tune. I believe you need to have the cables twisted to sync the cams. Unfortunately you need a bow press for this. I would leave it up to the experts.... But if you want to try something.

If you have not done so already, tighten the tiller bolts down until you cannot do so any further and count how many times you must turn the bolts to do so. Make sure to do this in 6 turn intervals though, Now loosen both tiller bolts out the same number of rotations, again in 6 turn increments, and see if the bow draws properly. If it does not, then its time to take it to a pro shop or someplace with a bow press so that the cables can be adjusted. Good luck!

Last edited:

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
find someone with a draw board and bow press. I am planning on building a draw board myself so i can check my cam timing on one of my bows. It shoots fine now but at some point I'll need one.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
How far out of sync are they? You may have to add quite a few turns to get them to sync. I spent a whole bunch of time over the winter tuning my Bowtech to get the most performance out of it. This very time consuming. You will need a press, a draw board, an accurate scale and assorted other tools. Something to keep in mind: this is time consuming and once you are down the rabbit hole, there is no going back but you will learn a ton about how a bow works.

Also, what rest are you shooting? I believe with your bow, any drop away that ties into the down cable is going to throw the timing of your bow off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74