Bow upgrade to garmin

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking at putting a 6 or 7 inch Garmin on the bow. They are around $400. Please give me input good or bad and other brands as well. I have been running Lowrance for years. Have a HD7 Lowrance on dash and old Lowrance X85 that needs to be junked up front.
The Garmin comes with a transducer setup that attaches to MinnKota as well.
Looking forward to hearing your opinions!
Thanks WT2121

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I havent had one on the water, but messing around with them at the store they seem to be a quality easy to use unit. I wouldn't hesitate to run one

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are going to see more of Garmin with them buying out Navionics. They seem simple and user friendly.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good Thread. I too am going to replace my bow unit which is a 4 year old Lowrance Elite 7 this summer as the depth only registers about 1/3 of the time.

First I was thinking Bird but now I have been looking and thinking Garmin.

NDHick

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 93SV on the dash and I love it. It is 3 years old so I'm not sure if they have changed at all with the Transducer fight that was going on. The side imaging is awesome if you have the 3 crystal ducer. I'm not sure how it is for the down imaging if you are using the ducer on a trolling motor. I used birds for years and I think the Garmin is even easier to use as far as navigating through the menus.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a little out my price range. Funny though.

Honored Member
Mega is the real deal. although panoptics looks legit for a pitching bite.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking at a 63cv echomap but have not found much about it.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
mine is an echomap. I love the map chip in it. It's extremely user friendly also.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been fiddling with a Echomap Chirp 73cv and it is stupid easy to operate. Never even had to open the owners manual and I haven't touched a Garmin before. Even Panoptix isn't much of a learning curve. Adjustable cone on traditional sonar in 1 degree increments from 7 degrees to 16 degreees is pretty neat too(ice ducer).[h=1][/h]

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm really falling behind in the tech part of the outdoors. When I read the headline I thought someone was looking for a new bow, like in archery. Had to read a few comments before I realized it wasn't the type of bow I was thinking. Did have to wonder when Garmin got into the archery business.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm really falling behind in the tech part of the outdoors. When I read the headline I thought someone was looking for a new bow, like in archery. Had to read a few comments before I realized it wasn't the type of bow I was thinking. Did have to wonder when Garmin got into the archery business.

They did, this year. $800 bow sight that ranges and adjusts pins automatically.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They did, this year. $800 bow sight that ranges and adjusts pins automatically.

Really! Makes me wonder when we're going to get to the point where we won't have to do anything ourselves. Who's going to produce the first attachment to the trigger so either the bow or gun will fire when the sight is on target? Oops, being a little behind maybe it's already on the market.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67