Adventure Catfishing

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I have been eying this for a few years and just never gotten off my butt to do it. The thought was planted in my head again this winter to start guiding cats from kayaks. So after contacting some kayak experts and some industry contacts here I am with a fleet of kayaks and "Adventure Catfishing" will start this spring. I have a guide coming on board specifically to handle this side of the business although I will be running some myself.

Its a pretty crazy idea, I know but with the craze down south, why not jump in with both feet (or head first) and be the first kayak guide in ND and the first official catfish guide in the US?

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, would the idea be to anchor upstream and set a line like you would in a big boat, and then untether and float to fight the fish? Or would you stay anchored? What happens when a 30 pounder takes off top-side and overturns your client and he spills his Blue Num Num???

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, would the idea be to anchor upstream and set a line like you would in a big boat, and then untether and float to fight the fish? Or would you stay anchored? What happens when a 30 pounder takes off top-side and overturns your client and he spills his Blue Num Num???

It will probably be a combination of the two but I am rigging anchors with releases so they will be free when the fish gets on unless they don't want to unhook. When the fish are along the banks we won't anchor at all but rather beech.

dwos03

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a lot of fun. I have been looking to get a kayak myself for a few years now to use for catfishing on the Red. Never seem to have the extra funds to purchase one though...

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have thought about getting a kayak but the thought of me dumping all my fishing gear to the bottom of the lake/river has always steered me away from actually getting one.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
my buddy has one with outriggers you can install to make it super stable

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Duck tape a coupla 55 gal blue soap barrels to each side. That should work.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75