ND Turtle Mountain Elk (PART 2)

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
I posted pictures of my son's ND elk that he shot back in October, well the mount made it home and it turned out great. Thank's to those that gave ideas! Pictures are not the best quality, I took them with my cell phone.
Jon's Elk Mount.jpgJon's Elk Mount4.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like a royal (6 points on each side.) I spend the summers on Metigoshe. Where did he shoot it. I haven't seen any elk in the Turtle Mountains.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is actually a 7x6, has the odd point on the right side, someone on here called it a crown point? It was shot by the Peace Gardens. Take the road on the south side of the State Park sometime and you may see some elk!

Looks like a royal (6 points on each side.) I spend the summers on Metigoshe. Where did he shoot it. I haven't seen any elk in the Turtle Mountains.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great ND bull, looks like he really had some age on him!

Mounted up allot like my archery bull.

wy bull mount ped.jpg
wy bull moount rear.jpg
wy bull mount face.jpg

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
cool mount, I wonder what a collage of photos placed where the body ends would be cool.... like a memory trip of the hunt

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well I had about 25 of them rodents spent the winter at my food plot in the TM with about 5 bulls with two of them this size. If someone can tell me how to get rid of this crab (whitetail only) please let me know. There is way too many elk in the TM. Part of the problem is Canada and their management program of the elk up there. db

Attachments

IMAG0228.jpg
Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't know you were a hillbilly db2 . You can chase a few west if you want, It's rare to hear one or of one in this neck of the hills.

racksntails

That turned out really good. Those fronts look massive in that picture too. Do you mind sharing who you had do the work? The turn around time was quick.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Davey only my food plot is up there but I hope starting this summer that I will chase a bunch out to the west edge of the TM. They come at 2-3:00 and then leave at 4-5:00 in the morning. If I quit feeding they would not come for awhile so then I would start feeding in my feeders and that very night they would show up again.
Knew how to open the lid on the feeders and how to shut my camera off. Damn things. And still had their horns about two weeks ago but have not shown up since as no feed. Was hoping to get a shed but they seem to refuse to do that for me. Did I say damn things. Called game and fish and no help.
Called Canada and they stated they are working on having 300 elks on their side and harvesting 30 each year. I told him we on the states are working on 500 tags with year round hunting on them damn things. Hell its all forest up there so they spend the winter in the states with the open crop and hay land. Most of the elk killed are at the peace garden by the air stripe.
So if you have a plan on how to get them over to you please let me know. db

- - - Updated - - -

A great mount and I hope to see a bunch more. db-2

- - - Updated - - -

Well I found out the feed was still there but my camera was off. So maybe a shed but not likely. db

Last edited:

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea they take up a little bit of room

Big Buggars aren't they? Great Mount!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow nice bull, and they are VERY similar!!

Great ND bull, looks like he really had some age on him!

Mounted up allot like my archery bull.

1ce1043636547680c91464f4a76f753e.jpg
thumb_4e1f1272c752f.jpg
chelsea_heath_41235912_693481687681553_6989756070203148328_n-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It was done by Eric at Wildlife Art Designs in Burlngton, ND. Great guy, great work, great prices and fast turn around. It was done 5 months from when I dropped it off.

That turned out really good. Those fronts look massive in that picture too. Do you mind sharing who you had do the work? The turn around time was quick.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66