Frozen four

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone watching the games tonight?;:;popcorn I'm rooting for the Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs. ;:;boozer

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What was the last team the bulldogs lost to?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm cheering for UMD, but actually hoping Barry Melrose falls from the press box more than anything.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha, told the wife in the first game that Barry needs to shut the f up.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
pulling for UMD and ND ND currently leading Mich 3-2 with half a period left.

I'm with you. M Duluth is the only NCHC team in the Frozen 4. The rest are Big 10. Michigan has 9 National Championships and I don't want them to get another one to pull farther ahead of UND and DU who both have eight. Happy with the results tonight.

And to top it off after college hockey was done I watched the SJ Sharkes beat Colorado (even if Tyson Jost plays for Colorado.) He only stayed at UND 1 year so I don't have that much allegiance to him. SJ back up goalie is Aron Dell (didn't play tonight), a UND SIOUX player.

Three hours of hockey in one night is about as much as I can handle (drink!)

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think a drinking game involving Barry Melrose dumbassery would be interesting, although really hard on a liver.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't really care a whole lot who wins at this point, was just happy to see Michigan lose. I don't think Dame has ever won it and Duluth only has 1. I will probably root for Duluth just because of NCHC though.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can't stand UMD fans so it was good to see Notre Dame win. Hopefully they can win the title so I don't have to hear about it for the next five years.....

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Niece is a graduate of UMD and my father in law lives near Duluth so will be pulling for them. Sandelin is a great coach!

Bull Herbie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Barry Melrose is just painful to listen too. Sucks that we have to listen to him ruin a good game. GO DOGS BEAT THE IRISH!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happy with the outcome - NCHC champions for 3 years in a row: UND, DU and now UMD!

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dawgs win. was a pretty good game. Last team to beat UMD was the fighting Sioux (hawks) in the 3rd/4th place game of the NCHC championships.

Really, really surprised that the Bulldogs won with 5 teenage freshmen defensemen. my oh my are they gonna be trouble the next several three years...And an ex Bismarck Bobcat Goalie...good for them!!

Where's the guy who said i was wrong when i called the big 10 a weak conference.....sure they had three weak teams in the Frozen four!!

But whose counting.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dawgs win. was a pretty good game. Last team to beat UMD was the fighting Sioux (hawks) in the 3rd/4th place game of the NCHC championships.

Really, really surprised that the Bulldogs won with 5 teenage freshmen defensemen. my oh my are they gonna be trouble the next several three years...And an ex Bismarck Bobcat Goalie...good for them!!

Where's the guy who said i was wrong when i called the big 10 a weak conference.....sure they had three weak teams in the Frozen four!!

But whose counting.

They will be trouble if they can keep the freshmen for 3 more years. UND's problem is many of their players are good enough to go into the NHL after 1 or 2 years of college hockey. Kind of a quandary for a head coach. You want your players to succeed in life, but you want your hockey team to win games.

My Dad was a HS coach. Don't think I could have done it.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Happy for the former fighting Sioux Sandelin but man seeing that maroon and gold hoisting the trophy is too much for me. I won't be checking my snap chap for days.....

It was great to see the big ten eat it after bolstering that last few weeks how great their conference was. So much for that. I see Notre Dame still as a hockey east team.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, congrats to UMD and there goalie Shepperd a former Bismarck Bobcat goalie. Also glad the NCHC took it. Know its water under the bridge, But would have been interesting if UND would have made it in, they were playing there best hockey of the year, but as I said water under the bridge, one can always wonder though.:;:rockit

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74