Welding

Do you weld?

• Total voters

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm getting ready to make new front and rear bumpers for my van and was wondering how many of you guys weld.

So do you weld? If so with what?

Poll to follow...

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting ready to make new front and rear bumpers for my van and was wondering how many of you guys weld.

I don't do it for a living, but IMO you can't go wrong with Miller welders.

I also have a small Lincoln welder and that is quite handy, as it is portable and runs on 110.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s how I make my living to buy tiller boats, PBR and when I decide to treat myself, a bottle of RR and sams club coke. I have a lincoln 225 Ac/dc. Lincoln 180 mig. A little 120volt buzz box. At work we run millers and Lincolns and I prefers the millers. Hobart is made by miller and are very good welder for home use. I prefer to stick weld everything you get way more penitration, and it’s a work of fine art. Anyone can mig weld but there is something about a nice vertical bead of 8018 that makes my downstairs feel funny.

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Poll to follow...

I don't do it for a living, but IMO you can't go wrong with Miller welders.

I also have a small Lincoln welder and that is quite handy, as it is portable and runs on 110.

I had a heavy equipment repair/welding company for about 10 years. I had Miller welders and Victor torches on all my trucks and Victor torches, Miller and Powcon welders and a Hypertherm plasma cutter in the shop.

At home I've got 3 Victor torch butts, several different cutting heads and a ton of tips for welding and brazing. I have a Miller 185 MIG with a spool gun and a Miller Syncrowave 180 TIG for stick and TIG work.

m77hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love to weld. I built all of my corrals, alley, crowding tub, and panels myself in my shop. There is something very rewarding about seeing all of the pieces come together as a functional system.

I have a Hobart (made by Miller, but cheaper with less features) 250 amp MIG welder, a cheap Firepower torch, and a no-name 40 year old arc welder.

Last edited:

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have Miller wire feed on the farm easy to use. It's fun until you have to well something in the wind and it's where everyone can see haha always fixing or making something

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see chicken shit welding in the poll, but I can do it. :;:rockit.....................................;:;rofl

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
ffca65f05b8dcb040c1464262ecace45--welding-memes-welding-rigs.jpg
762886e79b5f45d10e6653d9195d6394.jpg

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see chicken shit welding in the poll, but I can do it. :;:rockit.....................................;:;rofl
Same here. Then some days it looks perfect and I don't know what I did different. I have a cheap Sears wire welder. Supposedly only does 1/8 inch, but if I use a little NAP gas and heat things up I have done 1/2 inch.
The toughest thing I have welded is a wok from a 21 inch disk off the farm. I cracked three before I got one done right. Everything welded up nice then as your watching it cool tiiiiiiiing and there appeared a six inch long crack. I had to bury it in sand to cool very slow. Once you have them made they make a great camping wok. Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, and onions for about eight people. All the oil runs to the center. As things are nearly cooked slide them to the cooler sides.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69