Hey NODAK It's Game Week!!

Denny

The time has come, the snow is melting, the Walleyes are stirring, are you ready?
The 1st event of the 2018 season of the AIM Weekend Walleye Series is upon us. Where: Big Muddy at Graner Bottom. When: Sunday April 29th. Registration closes Wednesday April 25th at Midnight. Go to www.aimfishing.com and get registered now. 100 boats brings a $8,000.00 1st place check to your wallet. Lets kicks this off right. Thank You North Dakota. Any questions call Denny at 920-505-0122

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do we need fishing tournaments. Seems like a back door way to commercialize fishing and wildlife.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
We’re not all the same timbuk2. Some people still like competition. Don’t see the need for hunting when there’s meat at the grocery store. *tongue in cheek*

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got some DB Saloon gear laying around, closest guess to total weight without going over gets a package in the mail. No guesses after sunday 5am.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tourneys are fine in and of themselves. Not a darn thing wrong with good clean competition and sportsmanship. What puts many off about tourneys is the uncanny notion held by many tournament fishermen that they are somehow privileged to encroach upon, have preferential rights over, and are otherwise entitled to everything fishing when compared to non tournament fishermen. Which is why I go to great lengths to NOT be on the same water when there is a paying tourney going on.

My guess is 32 lbs for a winning weight.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tourneys are fine in and of themselves. Not a darn thing wrong with good clean competition and sportsmanship. What puts many off about tourneys is the uncanny notion held by many tournament fishermen that they are somehow privileged to encroach upon, have preferential rights over, and are otherwise entitled to everything fishing when compared to non tournament fishermen. Which is why I go to great lengths to NOT be on the same water when there is a paying tourney going on.

Spot on KDM - Even the Gov's Cup doesn't close Sak to the non-tournament folks...tho some of the tournament fishermen may believe otherwise!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do we need fishing tournaments. Seems like a back door way to commercialize fishing and wildlife.

I'm not a fan of them but will probably fish in more this year than any other year of my life. My buddy really likes them, because it forces him to get up here and fish. So because of him I'm getting in maybe 3 this year. I think there are just too many of them, and clog up the boat ramps. The OP is also right in commercialize fishing....no back door about it but in your face front door billboard. Which has its perks too.....If not for the big "Pro" tournaments in the late 90's early 2000's the manufactures wouldn't have seen the market for the walleye boats we have today.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71