Flicker Minnows

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is there any difference between flicker minnows pro and regular flicker minnows? They troll down on the same curve?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cant say for certain, but I dont think there is much difference. But I do know that I broke off 2 bills on the pro's, and never have on the regular flickr's. I cant find the dang chart for the pro's. But have this for the regular flickr. www.werdyo.com_diana-krall-black-dress-0.jpg

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only reason I run all pros is so I don't have to pay more for the trolling app per lure. Yes, just the color difference.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I bought some of both last spring I thought the pros had a gel coat that the standards didn’t.

Backwater Eddy

I cant say for certain, but I dont think there is much difference. But I do know that I broke off 2 bills on the pro's, and never have on the regular flickr's. I cant find the dang chart for the pro's. But have this for the regular flickr. www.werdyo.com_diana-krall-black-dress-0.jpg
I'm assuming that you mean like this? Two broke in net, 1 at the side of boat. The last one was when the fish hit it, smacked it and shook its head for 2-3 seconds, then ABRACADABRA, just a bill. I sent an email to Pure Fishing/Berkley and never got a response. Surprise. :;:huh I my experience the Pro and the Standard, have both broke.
unnamed[1].jpg

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm assuming that you mean like this? Two broke in net, 1 at the side of boat. The last one was when the fish hit it, smacked it and shook its head for 2-3 seconds, then ABRACADABRA, just a bill. I sent an email to Pure Fishing/Berkley and never got a response. Surprise. :;:huh I my experience the Pro and the Standard, have both broke.
2e3d0ee895e127f5b1f82328a06fbb9c.jpg
Yes JUST like that. But both just happened to be the pro's. Just coincidence I imagine, but certainly wasnt from abuse. I didnt bother with warranty :) lol Years ago Rapala used to take back all my beat up scratched ones if any part of the hook or bill broke.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
2e3d0ee895e127f5b1f82328a06fbb9c.jpg

Weird, pull em all year and have never had one break like that.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had some Rebel cranks pull the bill right out of the crank, I don't think I've had any trouble with Berkley. I have had a few Flicker Shads catch so many they just weren't right anymore.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
on a note, my experience with the depth charge for the #11's is wrong. To me they are the next depth level after # 9's. I found roughly 24-30'. I routinely hit bottom at 25' while using a #11 with 150' of line out.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
on a note, my experience with the depth charge for the #11's is wrong. To me they are the next depth level after # 9's. I found roughly 24-30'. I routinely hit bottom at 25' while using a #11 with 150' of line out.

I’m not sure what depth curve you’re looking at , but precision trolling shows 28-29’ at 150 with fireline. So what you’re seeing sounds about right.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve broken very few bills on flicker minnows, and I’ve logged a lot of miles with them. I’m guess those that have had problems fatigued the bills at one point pounding bottom hard for a long period or pulling out of snags. I suppose it’s not out of the realm that they’ve produced a bad batch or two over the years.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hes is looking at the chart in the above comments

I’m not sure what depth curve you’re looking at , but precision trolling shows 28-29’ at 150 with fireline. So what you’re seeing sounds about right.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve broken very few bills on flicker minnows, and I’ve logged a lot of miles with them. I’m guess those that have had problems fatigued the bills at one point pounding bottom hard for a long period or pulling out of snags. I suppose it’s not out of the realm that they’ve produced a bad batch or two over the years.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The chart that i look at is the rod tip --- when it starts to hit -------- then reel up a little. Whats the chance of retreiving a body of the crank when you break em like that?? The lip takes the brunt of hitting the bottom and sticking.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57