Paddlefishing 2018

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time to start this year's thread.

With the long winter and a lot of ice left of the lake, will paddlefish be in the river already on opening day?

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking they won't and if they Are it will be hard to snag them because of the high river lvls just my opinion I could be wrong

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just looked at last years data. The water temp is the same as last year for this time and the river is only 2 feet higher and slowly going down. I’m guessing the fish will be there. Just might have to drink a few more beers and fish less then. 7 days from now I’ll be sitting at the confluence drinking a beer.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, it'll be interesting to say the least this year, and for those that don't know the changes, line in the water is from 7 AM to 7 PM.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, it'll be interesting to say the least this year, and for those that don't know the changes, line in the water is from 7 AM to 7 PM.

Yeah, but Beer in the hand is 24/7.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would like to mention and ask for all of those people who do paddlefish to make sure they clean up after themselves and maybe pick up any other trash that has been there from over the years. Try to make it a better and cleaner place than the way you find it.

Two feet higher still adds a lot of extra water to contend with. I've seen the river come up a foot or two overnight when the runoff begins to make its way to North Dakota. Should be good fishing in Montana as their season open May 15th.

FISH ON!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking to try for the first time. Is a 10' Surf fishing rod big enough?

Sure is. Glad you're going to give it a go. Spool with 60-85 lb PP and you will be in the money. If you use that lime green garbage you get at scenic sports I'm going to point at you and giggle. If you're wandering around the confluence, drop us a line and stop by for a beverage. PM me if you want/need my number. Good Luck!! Catch a centurion!!!! That's a 100+ pounder.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have hit their quota of 1000 fish season closes tomorrow at noon.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Only 28 at mid-day isn't real high #. I just wonder how many are on the belt waiting to be cleaned. This picture of the 93# looks like the parking lot is busy, so there must be a decent crowd there. Hope they post #'s and male/female ratio in timely manner.

Gr8tz

Established Member
Did anyone hear what the numbers were today, we head out Thursday just curious if it’s going to be a though year

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have not heard anything lately so they have not caught anything worth bragging about or they drowned or way too many num nums to be able to type.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I checked on the boys on Thursday (catch and release day) and KDM caught 3, biggest he guessed at 100 pounds. Kickemup had some luck too but I think it was tough yesterday. Buddy went out and got skunked. Says only 50 fish were caught yesterday.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69