stem cell therepy

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I stated I'd get back here on the stem cell topic after I went to the seminar.

The reason I went is due to arthritis in several knees, a hip and both rotators. We'll cover the cost for those of you that want to bail before any more information is passed along. :)

Cost per injection: knee: $6000, Shoulder: $4000, Back: $10,000, Hip: forgot to ask.

In the case of the knee, one injection is required but they go in at four different areas around the knee.

Insurance: at this time insurance will not cover stem cell injections (Regenerative Medicine). Understand that Big Pharmacy is in the battle because they have a lot to lose (sale of drugs) so sounds like an uphill fight. But sounded like maybe somewhere down the road, this may be covered by insurance.

several web sites:

Stem Cell Institute of America LLC
1-800-391-6040
www.americastem.com

for research:
http://stemcelltherapyforpain.com/research

Best book out there/recommmended (Barnes and Noble)
Neil Riordan's book : A rising tide (about stem cell therapy).

There is a site right here in Bismarck where the injections take place.

Here is their information:

West 2 North Medical solutions
4207 Boulder Ridge Road
Unit 175
Bismarck ND 58503
west2northmedicalsolutions.com

website for testimonials:

http://stemcelltherapyforpain.com/testimonials/

I have not made a move on the free consult they offered for attending the seminar. However my buddy has that i went to the seminar with. He took his x-rays in with him and they basically told him he was not a candidate for Regenerative Medicine.

I do know they said in the seminar that if you are bone on bone, there is nothing there for the stem cells to work with and you would not be a candidate that they could help.

So at present it is a decision between joint replacement which insurance would cover or regenerative medicine which is currently not covered by insurance..

Success rate sounded very good. Pain levels didn't sound like they went from whatever you are currently at to zero however. You might go from a 4 or 5 or 6 or whatever down to a 1 or 2.

Forgot to ask, if down the road, is there a need for another injection in the same joint.

And of course the big question for most of you is where the stem cells come from. They are harvested from: the placenta of willing pregnant female patients who just gave birth. Of course the cells are run through a series of tests to make sure they are usable and safe for this regenerative medication.

So there you have it. you be the judge!!

I'm still on the fence. I have knee pain every single day!! some days good some not so good. So I'll probably go in soon with my latest Xray and see what the possibilities are. I do know there is some cartilage left in the joint that the stem cells can help to regrow..

hope this helped those who were wondering about this topic.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sell some advanced wound care products so stem cells is something I hear a lot about.

to m knowledge, there are no FDA approved studies that have been done on the safety and efficacy of this procedure which is why insurance companies won’t cover it. It is definitely an up and coming technology though and with more research could do some cool stuff. I think some places will harvest cells from the marrow of the patient they will be injecting to ensure no rejection. Check out Hogue Clinics sight. I think they have a clinic in Moorhead.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to panama and get same thing done at a fraction of that half the cost, plus get a trip out of the deal :) . But seriously all i know about stem cell treatment is from the joe rogan podcast talking with mel gibbson (very informative). wish you the best.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've also heard Panama is the place to go. Way less money and they have been doing a tremendous amount of research with it. The U.S. is so far behind other countries it's insane.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw the above and also heard it on the radio today. Interesting. Glad my buddy that I went to the seminar with was not a good candidate for the injection(s). I have not and now for sure probably will not be visiting their clinic.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This topic is half a decade old and wondering if nda community has any new information either personally or know of anyone who has decided to opt out of traditional surgical treatment to try the stem cell therapy. I am dealing with a torn mcl in my left knee that is going to be full of scar tissue from a knee injury 30 years ago from a ski accident where I should have went in to see what kind of damage I did but I wore a knee pad, ice packs, and eventually it healed itself. Perhaps it was just a strain back then but this time I felt a pop in my knee and now i have fluid built up and I'm wearing a compression knee brace and taking ibuprofen for swelling. So I'm wondering if stem cell therapy would be better option for me?

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My wife had it done by Joel Baumgartner, M.D.
Owner Rejuv Medical & Rejuv MedFit in Waite Park MN. In Oct of 2017.

It was a waste of over $12,000.00. Insurance didn't cover anything. Baumgartner said she would have the knee of a 20 yr in a couple of months. When it didn't help he said. Well it doesn't help everyone. He didn't tell her that when he wanted 12,000.00.

He's a quack, born and raised in Dickinson N.D.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am of the opinion that there is an awful lot of promise in stem cell, pretty much anything that afflicts the human experience can be alleviated or cured by it.

We just ain't there yet.

And I guess I don't know if it will ever be applicable to diseases like covid.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77