1st time!!!

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Hey guys first time I have ever had a female in heat! Is there anything I need to do other than keep her in the kennel outside, away from other dog. Any tips or tricks you guys can give me?

Thanks,

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't let her out without a leash on and with you nearby. Pray for a really quick month.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sit on the front porch holding a shotgun across your lap offering stern glares as teenage boy dogs stroll by.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When she is outside don't leave her out of your sight.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think prime time is about two weeks after they start to bleed. They swell up and another week or so is breeding time.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You better make sure one cannot dig to get under that kennel. I've heard of male dogs even making it through garage doors.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep thought she was safe in the backyard and then seen her stuck with a stray, had to turn the hose on them but was too late, then had to find homes for 5 pups

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Haha, that's what my dad is for. He lives across the street and tells my daughter, who is 7, that the first boy that comes to see her he will be on his step cleaning his gun.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually a week to ten days of bleeding then they are fertile. They make doggy diapers if you want to let her in. Just make sure you take them off before you let her outside or you'll have a mess.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s best to check her daily. The blood decreases and then they swell up. Don’t leave her alone until things look normal. Otherwise you may be raising a litter!! Once the males get a sniff they will be stalking her day and night.

fishdrinkhunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
The males will smell her from blocks away. Like everyone else said don't take your eyes off of her. Make sure everyone else in the household knows what's going on too or they could just let her run outside and she could be gone in a flash on a booty call!:;:muahaha

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha, that's what my dad is for. He lives across the street and tells my daughter, who is 7, that the first boy that comes to see her he will be on his step cleaning his gun.

I have three daughters, and have my own guns. Plenty of 'em. LOL.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62