Anyone snare rabbits?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive got one visiting my back yard again. Found its entry point. Not an expert snaresman but gonna try to get it before my garden starts to disappear. Just put this up this morning but the rabbit mostly visits as night I think. Gonna make the loop a little more secure after watching some youtube videos.

20180508_070110.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
To maintain releasability of captured critters a live trap or a #2 long spring might be an easier method. If lethal outcomes are preferred, a snare of 1/16th inch cable with a non relaxing lock or a 110 conibear will fit the bill quite well. Minimizing non target captures should also be high on the priority list. Good Luck!!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hasenpfeffer for supper?

I'd probably use a small live trap to avoid killing little Timmy's Snowball or Muffins, but I bet your wire will work with proper diameter and placement.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The neighbors have a cat that is just flat out lethal on bunnies. Silent but deadly.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use to have a tom cat that would go nuts over small bunnies. It actually grossed me out watching him devour them. Fur and all right down the hatch.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
The neighbors have a cat that is just flat out lethal on bunnies. Silent but deadly.

Ive thought about an outdoor cat just to help control voles and rabbits but dont really feel like caring for it all winter. Unfortunately there are no 'neighborhood' cats around here to help control varmints. Also like the idea of a pellet gun but this fucker is highly nocturnal because of my dog schedule and sneaky as hell, only seen it a couple times and it skidattles fast. Also if im not mistaken, pellet gun in city limits could be a felony!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found another entry point, so set a trap there last night also.
20180508_173406[1].jpg
Got up to let the puppy out at about 2.30 am and this is what I found! Rabbit problem solved for now, hopefully...
20180509_021505[1].jpg

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone interested in snaring, some pretty good videos online/youtube. Worth checking out. Has me interested in snaring some other things now! Might have to order some supplies...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive thought about an outdoor cat just to help control voles and rabbits but dont really feel like caring for it all winter. Unfortunately there are no 'neighborhood' cats around here to help control varmints. Also like the idea of a pellet gun but this fucker is highly nocturnal because of my dog schedule and sneaky as hell, only seen it a couple times and it skidattles fast. Also if im not mistaken, pellet gun in city limits could be a felony!

Get a cat! You'll enjoy it. Just make a nice little warm house for the winter and feed it, it'll stick around.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a cat! You'll enjoy it. Just make a nice little warm house for the winter and feed it, it'll stick around.
Will they do ok without liquid water? Thats the main issue for me is having to provide water daily... I know my dog loves to eat snow, but not sure if cats are the same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75