Devils Lake Pike

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading up to Devils for our (now) annual fly fishing trip for big pike. We landed close to 80 last year but had a hard time finding the bigger girls. Anyone out this past weekend find any areas with larger-than-average pike?

I heard a rumor that the pelican lake access was closed. Any truth to this?

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on Devils Lake this weekend. GET READY because the Pike are biting and they are real aggressive. Had one up to the boat that was for sure over 10 lbs but other than that they were all under that. Wind swept shorelines were real productive for the pike.

People were using the access on Saturday (not sure about Sunday). I heard it is REAL shallow but I have not used it or heard of anyone that has.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Walleyeman. That sucks about the Pelican Lake landing. I just have a 16' with a 50 hp motor so that drive from Graham's is a long ass way. I may just trim the shit out of my boat and give the 12" channel a run for its money...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the minnwaukin ramp vs Graham's. I think it's closer and this wknd north winds smoother. Imo the ramp looks doable at pelly specially on nice days to

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't really get into to many pike last wknd and i pitched e. Had one decent one last weekend and all came on bobbers. First week of June last year for us was a bonanza

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76