lowrance hook2 and 112...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
so, i'm pulling on a new nitro zv18... trying to figure out the graph setup and thought i'd throw it out to smarter peeps than me... i'm thinking a hook2 9 with the tripleshot transducer at the helm to have side scan for searching, and a hook2 9 at the bow with the splitshot ducer for all but the side scan (anyone run the extra long ducers on the bottom of a trolling motor)...

also, how will a 112 terrova pull a 19' glass boat around in the wind - no experience here... i've heard and read that the 36 volt will be fine, and i could add a kicker later - can you pull against a 20 mph wind with this setup???

thanks...

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
A 112 should have no problem, I move my 21' around with an 85. I don't believe you can mount a SS ducer to your troller, to much vibration and the constant turning affect your readings

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can't help you with the hook 9 info cause I run birds.... but as far as the trolling motor it will pull the boat just fine..... on calm flat water it will pull the boat around 3.8 mph and I've been out on lake sak in 6ft waves with the trolling motor coming out of the water and it had enough power to still pull the boat forward....I run a 15hp kicker and at WOT you'll get a top speed of about 6mph ... run a 200 verado and see around 46-49 depending how it's loaded and wave condition.... for trolling I use my I use my elec allot but also use the kicker allot too lol. I think if you can swing it I'd get a kicker on ther rite away and just be done with it..... good luck and have fun..... see ya on the water

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys... I decided to go with what I posted above - will add the kicker when I need it...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76