Fireline Ultra eight carrier

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a spool. Who has used it? It is supposed to be rounder, slicker, almost like a nanofill But tougher. I bought a spool of 6 pound that I’m going to give a whirl. It’s just a frog hair thicker than Nano

Attachments

E5A6716B-0523-43AC-8DDF-CF0404CB92D5.jpg

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would assume so. Not trying to replace the nano because it is simply get the best fishing line I have ever used for casting which is about 95% of what I do, but in rough super snaggy stuff I’m hoping this may be a little tougher

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would assume so. Not trying to replace the nano because it is simply get the best fishing line I have ever used for casting which is about 95% of what I do, but in rough super snaggy stuff I’m hoping this may be a little tougher

It does appear to be more resistant to abbrasion and knot strength/ease is better. That said it's noticably fatter, casts harder and still has a lot more guide noise(like a braid). We'll see how it goes.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
An example from this weekend. I fished rocky areas and caught probably 35 smallmouth. Some nice ones up to around 3 pounds were mixed in with that. I had to re-tie the nano about three times . I got a little lazy and noticed my line was fraying at the end of my trip but did not retie. I didn’t lose anything but pressing my luck like that it’s going to happen sooner or later. I’ll give the 8 a try and let you guys know comparatively what it is like.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never have done a lot of fishing. To busy shooting I guess. A couple of weeks ago I picked up some ten pound 832. Is that any good? I have Fireline on one real, 30 lb spider on one, mono on five or six, and now just picked up this new stuff to try out. Headed for Devils Lake soon.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried the 8 lb this spring and was far from impressed. It is noisy as hell and likes to tie itself in knots. I went back to nano and 832.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Noisy is going to suck.

- - - Updated - - -

I never have done a lot of fishing. To busy shooting I guess. A couple of weeks ago I picked up some ten pound 832. Is that any good? I have Fireline on one real, 30 lb spider on one, mono on five or six, and now just picked up this new stuff to try out. Headed for Devils Lake soon.

From what I remember I didn’t really like the 832 for casting but it was a fine line for trolling crank baits etc.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member

I like it. I put it really close with power pro.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not happy to hear it doesn't cast well. I bought it hoping to cast further out in Montana rivers. A friend who does a lot of fishing recommended Power Pro, but after I bought the 832.
A couple days ago I was looking at the double radiused shoulder of a Weatherby 300 mag. I was wondering about spinning deals and why the don't do a reverse double radius to the leading edge of the spool and nitride coat it.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mono or fluoro shock leaders solve the abrasion issues with nano. And reduce the visibilty of the line on your lure.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
How does it tie? And does it Cast smoothly or like someone mentioned, want to tie itself in knots or,spool out of the reel like a Slinky?

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats an fg knot? I use palomar and uni or albright for line to line knots

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
The FG knot looks like it could be a beotch to tie. Gonna give it a try though.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've tried the FG. Broke both on light snags. Thinking I did something wrong. Modified albright is simple, easy and seems to work well.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll use a leader icefishing or if I am encountering toothy critters. In the lakes with a lot of moss I do not like having any leader knot to catch stuff. 6 lb Green is pretty much invisible but do like a clear leader in really clear water whitch is rare where I fish. Most of the time I tie the stuff direct using a double palomar

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67