Storing Plastics

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you guys store your plastics?

I've got one big container of gulp alive that seems like it leaks smelly oily alive liquid constantly but is still fairly full. Tried looking for the harder liquid container but couldn't find one last week. Anyone use one of those and does it seem more leak proof? and were did you get it? prefer local

I seem to always rip the zip baggies that gulp plastics usually come in and have had quite a few dry up on me. anybody know of a better way to store these?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't use plastics with that oily smelly liquid. (Grin)

If you choose to use them, try using those snap top tupperware dealies with the seal on the lid. I don't know what they are called, but I stole a couple of the small ones from my wife for that very purpose. They are easy to open and close and the liquid has yet to leak through them on an outing. Good Luck!!!

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have three Tupperware jugs with good screw on lids. I'm careful to keep them out of the sun and they seem durable enough.

Being larger is good, see through is good and the durable easy to screw on lid is awesome.....

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been putting all the gulp bags in a gallon zip lock bag and haven't had any dry out in a while.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put them all in my bait well since i never use it... then just kick on the water and rinse it out

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Peanut butter jar, Teflon tape on the Gulp container also works. I store regular plastics and normal Gulp in Ziploc bags.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad makes decent screw top containers at a reasonable price. Also, holy moly to DW's avatar. Wow.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
storing plastics

I've tried several of the plano items for the liquid gulp product. The one with the screw on lid had to be tightened so tight to keep it from leaking that it was very hard to get back off AND too small

I too use zip lock freezer bags (heavier duty ones) for the product in the resealable bags and then toss them in the following which I find very useful and very sealable.

Lock And Lock tupperware style containers have been my best use for gulp and gulp type baits to seal out the air. take a look:

http://shop.locknlock-usa.com/

kind of spendy but then isn't everything that is worth it? Don't let your wife see them, you will lose them unless you get them gulp stinky first!!!!!! HA HA!!

I have several different liquid Gulp stored in these 29 ouncer size (ON SALE NOW 20% off). http://shop.locknlock-usa.com/ll-standard-pp/305-square-salad-bowl-38-cups.html

I think i bought them in a set to save on them. similar to this:
http://shop.locknlock-usa.com/conta...estable-variety-storage-set-w-color-lids.html

love the smaller size to pack snacks in my lunch box. Pretzels fit and stay fresh for weeks at a time in one. Sandwich in another. Gulp in others. I do not see the exact set i ordered. Do know I have 3- 11 ounce, 2- 29 ounce, 1-54 ounce, and 1-135 ounce.

I stored the resealable ("dry") gulp type products in the large one, liquid gulp type in the 29 ounce, 54 ounce is ideal if you carry lots of liquid gulp type products. Smaller 11 ounce are for my lunch box.

To clean the lids if your wife would ever steal these is simple. Pull the soft seal out of the lid, wash both up and replace the seal when dry. the four snaps around the lid seal the fluid in the container very well. I just ran out into the garage, turned the containers upside down to get their sizes and STILL no leaks!! about 4 years old now. No problems with them however I don't operate the lids much in real cold weather, which i'm assuming might be a problem.

One other thing. Sign up for the update/newsletters if you are waiting for them to go on sale. They are silly enough to send you an e-mail when they do go on sale. then unsubscribe!!!! BUT they look like they are on sale now!! 20% off.

PS very very easy to open and close. Simple, no screw type lid to worry about if it is closed tight or not. 4 snaps to close and 4 snaps to lift to open.. super simple.

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have issues with too many spills, but yes they do happen. I do move the Gulp! packages to the liquid containers after I've opened them up and have 1/2 of them gone. I believe it's the same scent whether the container has leeches or worms inside.

I leave the containers on the floor of the boat so they don't fall. I cannot imagine an entire container opening up and spilling all over the carpet!! OHHHH WHAT A STENCH!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75