I'm addicted to Power Pro

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I experienced an unfortunate line fopah two days ago where a loop in my PP was burned through by a cast and I lost 90% of the line on my spool. I thought I could just use mono and get by until I could restock my supply of PP. WRONG!!!!! Fishing with mono felt like I was using an overstretched rubber band. I couldn't cast worth a darn or feel the bottom, let alone what the current was doing to the jig. I lost ALL the fish I managed to hook and failed to hook more fish than I care to talk about. After 3 hours of trying to FORCE the issue I just packed up and came home........dejected. I now know what you golfers feel like when you get done with 18 holes of torturing yourself with the delusion that "You can do it!!" I'm respooling with PP before I venture forth again. WOW what a difference in feel, function, and efficiency between mono and PP. Lesson Learned!!!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, thus I buy the stuff by the 1500 yd spool.

It took Cabelas and PP some 5+ weeks to deliver a spool I ordered back in early June. I'd been waiting weeks to spool a couple of rods that needed new line, and another that was just a new addition to the boat.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll get mine from ebay and dakota tackle. I don't spool up with anything else unless its mono for a few weeks in the spring

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM----its ok buddy.....sometimes our equipment kicks are asses...for a sec there..might have thought you said you threw the damn rod in the water.....he he he..........now breathe..and say...'foooossssshhhhhbbbbbbaaaaa' fooooossssssssshhhhhhhhhhbbbaabbbaa'

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ebay is a good place to get it. I have seen it as low as $87 for a 1500 yard spool.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Question for the PP users on a spinning reel. What pound test do you use for jigging and do you fill the spoon to capacity?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question for the PP users on a spinning reel. What pound test do you use for jigging and do you fill the spoon to capacity?

10 lb and no. I spool about 100 yards of pp on top of whatever mono it takes to fill the spool.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

10 pound and yes. If after a season, the first 50 ft are getting beat up, I pull it off and discard.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ran into a similar issue here KDM.... all of a sudden I've got rats nests, knots, from no where, and things just aren't working right.... casting and placement seems harder and the instant feel isn't there. I haven't been fishing much the last month, but the next time I go out i'll have a fresh spool of PP on.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
10 pound and yes. If after a season, the first 50 ft are getting beat up, I pull it off and discard.

Just a thought here JayKay, but if you have a second spool for your reel, you can reverse the PP section and tie the "Used" section of PP to the mono and fill the spool to the "Unused" section of the same PP piece. I use the first 40 yards of so of the 100 yard PP piece for the most part so instead of throwing it out when it gets "fuzzy", I just take that spool off and put the unused spool on, fill with fresh backing mono and tie the used section of PP to the end. The fuzzy PP is buried under the new stuff to where if it sees daylight I will probably not get that fish anyway. Saves a bit on line costs.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
What knot do you nano guys use? I tried it when it first came out and had trouble with my knots slipping or breaking right at the knot

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had great luck with Palomar knots for nano

and FG for fluoro-braid unions

FG stands for effing glate (scottish accent)

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who just has one rod on the boat while fishing?#$%^&>

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103