Casting / trolling reel suggestions.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for opinions on high quality simple all around reels for the not so seasoned anglers. Looking for a quality casting type reel that can be used for trolling too without a bail like spinning reels and not a bait caster bird nester type reel.
Is there anything wrong with spin cast reels, they just seem to me like they belong on toddler snoopy poles.

Go.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are going the Spincast route, I think Zebco still makes something that would work.
I would think you could get something universal enough to do what you want. I think I started out with a Zebco 202 and moved up from there. The thing I am not sure about is if you can run anything besides mono line in these??

See link below.

http://shop.zebcobrands.com/reels?cat=208

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
The level winds is what I keep coming across too just not sure on how good they work for simple trouble free casting as most appear to be another form of a bait caster, they would work great for trolling, seems they are most popular when getting into salt water reels.

Last edited:

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you are going to end up with a mess letting people cast level wind reels in they arent used to doing it.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you are going to end up with a mess letting people cast level wind reels in they arent used to doing it.

HaHa having the same issue with people using my simple spinning reels which is all I have and have used my entire life but others can't seem to grasp those either. Not sure how some people can make these look like a bait caster bird nest lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading some reviews on basic Spin cast reels I may just go with the Zebco Omega Pro reel comes pre loaded with 85 yards of 10# mono. Looks to be a good place to start for a high quality trouble free reel.

https://www.outsidepursuits.com/best-spincast-reel/

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79