Upgrade to full Windshield & Cover

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How hard and how much would it be to upgrade an 03 Ranger to a full windshield? Probably will need a new travel cover or tarp too if I upgrade. Haven't had too much luck searching internet, so if anyone can give some links to any boat salvage yards or places to search would help.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
A call to Moritz and about $1700. I ordered a windshield when I bought the boat so they threw in labor for me.

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
I paid right around that same price but im still using the bubble cover. Just doesn't go all the way around the rail bumper but wasn't going to spend another 1000 for an original cover.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My cover won't go over the trolling motor right now. It's also leaving residue on the rear sides of the boat. Probably gonna need a new cover anyway. At 50 mph the wind whips inside my glasses and I can't see, the water up. My wife also didn't like the wind even at 40 mph, said she gets ear aches. I figured about 1k$ each, but thought there should be a way to pick up a windshield from a boat salvage yard.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
in general finding windshields --- the older the boat is the worse it is. My brother drove from spokane to the cities to look at one - to make sure it fit and then purchased it at what in imo was to much for some type of runabout. boat.

I heard they dont have the molds any more. With ranger you would think - but then again look how many windshields taylor makes for all the different boats.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the bigger bubbles that came off my boat. Maybe you could slap them on and give em a try. Not sure about fitment though.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a 'new to me boat' lol

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Capture.jpg
Call this guy if youare in the Bismarck/Mandan area. His tarps are top notch. The fit unbelievablywell. He made two for my Father (one for his puddle jumper and the other is forhis other boat) You will not be disappointed; I may even get one made for my boatif decide to keep it.

defiant1

Honored Member
I have the bigger bubbles that came off my boat. Maybe you could slap them on and give em a try. Not sure about fitment though.

I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full. I would be interested in the larger bubbles if you have them available. Please PM me when possible.

d1

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full. I would be interested in the larger bubbles if you have them available. Please PM me when possible.

d1

Sorry about that. If the boat doesn’t sell in the next few weeks, I’ll let you know.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80