Another fire

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rather than hijack the other thread. I'll start a new one.

From KFYR TV

There's another large fire near Watford City. McKenzie County Emergency Manager Karolin Rockvoy says the fire is located near the Tobacco Garden campground.

She said it is one of the largest fires she has ever seen. As of 4 this afternoon, crews from Watford City, Keene and Mandaree are on scene without water. They are waiting for the Forest Service to arrive and also the oil company Nuvera is trucking in water.

- - - Updated - - -

Supposed to be pics from the fire.

forums

forums

forums

Attachments

image2.jpg

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fire dispatch line has been going crazy today. Lucky so far none in my distract. I hope it stays that way. Its really dry and with this wind it gets ugly fast. I know there is a fire up by granville, I think there was one down past Velva today, the one near Watford. and im not sure if the one in Bismarck is completely out

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Listening to the burleigh county fire and ems broadcast and it sounds like the fire south of Bismarck yesterday is getting going again.

- - - Updated - - -

KFYR is reporting

Evacuation order in effect for South Fork Junction immediately in Burleigh County.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's what it sounds like. A few pictures I just saw looked like it was at the cemetery at the university. I'm not sure where that is in relation to everything else though.
Also sounds like only a shed lost in the fire, no damages to houses.

Went to leave tonight to take a look at a couple of landscaper references and see two firetrucks head south of our place which is all pasture land. no lights on and didn't see any smoke anywhere though but still a weird feeling with the fires popping up.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
From KFYR
UPDATE: The grass fire that reignited south of Bismarck yesterday has been completely contained. It has been monitored throughout the night, and crews will respond around 7 this morning for another assessment of the damage.

Not so for the one in McKenzie county
From KFYR
UPDATE: We spoke to the McKenzie County Emergency Manager early this morning and she says the that fire broke out near the Tobacco and Garden Resort has not yet been completely contained. Crews are still working to put it out.

Hopefully they don't have any more. A friend of mine is volunteer firefighter for Mandan and it sounds like he finally got to go home last night after 2 days out there.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I drove home from work last night, the smoke was blowing over the my neighborhood. I had to hold off opening any windows or doing any outside work. All this and I live just south of expressway. Made ya realize what could have happened.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scary! We need a good shot of rain.
That we really do. Firemans meeting was on monday. Chief said to be ready. He thinks its going to be a bad spring. Last year we were very lucky and only had a few in our area.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BgkD2GyfQts

My attempt at embedding a video of an UAV view of the Tobacco Garden fire aftermath

I fixed your 1st post of the video. When adding a viddeo, simply click the "insert video" button while you are posting ... This will bring up a pop-up asking for the url to your video. Put the link in there and the system will embed it in your post for you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76