lake darling changes

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like for them to pass a rule that one can stay over night on Darling, I like to have a few drinks while ice fishing and not have to worry about driving back home.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard darling can be a real darling if you use PP.

Bottompin

I hope they pass this as well! It has never made sense to me that you can drive a truck out there but not a 4 wheeler.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What the fuck swam up Votava’s ass? I really don’t think increased fishing pressure would hurt that lake. A guy doesn’t see snowmobiles ripping up the Audubon refuge so why would Darling be any different. Fishing has not been as good the last few years after the perch population was pillaged by hundreds of people who were driving trucks.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like for them to pass a rule that one can stay over night on Darling, I like to have a few drinks while ice fishing and not have to worry about driving back home.
Hopefully this is next!

Watchyourownbobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the fuck swam up Votava’s ass? I really don’t think increased fishing pressure would hurt that lake. A guy doesn’t see snowmobiles ripping up the Audubon refuge so why would Darling be any different. Fishing has not been as good the last few years after the perch population was pillaged by hundreds of people who were driving trucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully this is next!

lol. very much agreed on all points you made. as far as Votavas opinions go.....i think he is wrong. And also, his comparison to leaving the lake open to boats until freeze up is ridiculous. There would be no harm in using an atv or sled to get away from the crowds and explore other parts of the lake during winter months. As it is now 90% of the water goes un touched during years of heavy snow or poor ice conditions......why not use the resource?

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember contacting the refuge manager years back and asking what their problem is with atvs and snowmobiles on the lake they told me that they worry that if they allow people to bring them on the lake, it may lead to people ripping around up on shore and riding around up on the refuge. I get it, but make the fine for doing so a huge massive amount. $5000 per infraction sounds good to me.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, need to make it hurt in the pocket book as a deterrent. A 20 to 50 dollar fine doesn’t mean much to people now days.

Watchyourownbobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yah make the fine a healthy one. I don’t see it being any different than Audubon. Same rules would apply, seldom if ever hear of there being problems down there. Much like the area restricted of boats in the summer with an imaginary line. Allowing recreational vehicles on the lake would not affect the wildlife one bit.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s official. Snowmobiles and ATV’s will now be allowed on the ice at Lake Darling! Great news for sportsmen that want to explore the lake even if it snows a lot. Make sure to follow the rules of staying off the land or it may go back to the previous rules.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guessing lot's of us that fish Darling regularly on the ice will help police the new rules as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70