youth waterfowl weekend

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Takin a group of boys out in the morning to shoot ducks, should be a fun time. Have a question that I can't find on the GF website. I know in the past that adults weren't allowed to carry a shotgun during this hunt because the early goose season was closed. Now that it's still open this weekend, anyone check into if adults can have a gun with to shoot geese this weekend while the kids shoot geese and ducks? I'm guessing probably not but I can't find any clarification and don't feel like calling them up.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Takin a group of boys out in the morning to shoot ducks, should be a fun time. Have a question that I can't find on the GF website. I know in the past that adults weren't allowed to carry a shotgun during this hunt because the early goose season was closed. Now that it's still open this weekend, anyone check into if adults can have a gun with to shoot geese this weekend while the kids shoot geese and ducks? I'm guessing probably not but I can't find any clarification and don't feel like calling them up.

Here you go:
Legally licensed residents and nonresidents 15 years of age or younger may hunt ducks, mergansers, coots or geese. An adult of at least 18 years of age must accompany the youth hunter into the field. The adult may not hunt ducks, geese, mergansers or coots.The daily bag limit, including species restrictions, and all other regulations that apply to the regular duck and goose hunting seasons apply to this special season. Exception: The additional 2 blue-winged teal allowed during the first 16 days of the regular season are not allowed during the youth season.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks. Be damned if i could find that, but thats what i figured.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing if everyone has their licenses and all you target is canadas you'd be legal?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made the call this morning as long as no ducks are being shot at the adult can hunt also.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0758.jpg
I got some youth (my kids) out Sunday morn. They aren't old enough to hunt yet but make good bird dogs. We r pumped for duck opener. We had hundreds land in the decoys.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67