I like deer, but not this much

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
FN%20Deer%20in%20Home.jpg

Photo via West Virginia Natural Resources Police/Facebook

While you were enjoying a barbecue and watching fireworks on Saturday, the West Virginia Natural Resources Police were investigating a man who had been keeping two deer captive for at least a year.
According to The Washington Post, officers responded to a complaint that deer were being kept inside of a man’s home in Cabell County, which borders Ohio to the northeast. They saw a six-point buck when they arrived at the house and discovered a second deer during the interview.
“While they were interviewing the subject, they could hear the commotion in the back part of the house, and the man tried to explain it away as a dog,” police spokesman Sgt. Gary Amick said. “He finally confessed it was a second buck.”
Apparently, the man captured the bucks as fawns thinking they were injured. Police released the deer, but the man might not get off so easy. He was charged with two counts of illegal possession of wildlife. If convicted of the misdemeanor, he could be fined up to $300 and face jail time.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to guess those 2 will find the nearest bait pile and make a home.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like deer too, but that's a bit over the top. Had a small buck follow me during rifle season though. Strangest deer behavior I've ever seen in the field!!! He followed me all the way down a shelterbelt after I walked right by him while he stood less than 10 feet away. He wasn't one bit afraid and walked right behind me until I got to the end and showed my cousin, who was posting, this goofy deer. We stood there discussing the deer and it walked to within spittin' distance and started to browse and feed like nothing was wrong. We concluded that it had to be a farm deer that had escaped. There were no physical abnormalities that we could see and it behaved just like a deer would, except for the complete lack of concern for our presence. When we walked back to the truck, that goofy buck followed us the whole way (1/2 mile) and then stood there at the approach, watching us as we drove away like somebodies lost dog. Someone probably shot'em, which would be a shame as he was a pretty good little buck with a very symmetrical 8 point basket rack.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does the deer fetch the newspaper and slippers each morning? He'd be a keeper, if so!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe they were his marriage partners?

Did you guys here Obama passed a law that allows guys that drive Dodges to marry each other now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75