Accidents

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
In lieu of all the recent accident around here in Williston, I ask you people to start paying attention to the road and traffic, this is getting ridiculous, sad enough to hear there's a fatality involved every time there's an accident.

PAY ATTENTION TO WHATS GOING ON AHEAD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND LOOK IN YOUR REARVIW MIRRORS FROM TIME TO TIME.

That's all I have to say....

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is it ND drivers or is it the imported drivers that are the issue?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lived in ND all my life, so I am predisposed to like ND folks.

However, holy cow, use your blinkers people. We are the worst for not using blinkers.

And driving 113 miles in the passing lane.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a coworker who never uses his blinker, for anything, and it drives me fucking nuts.... I don't speed often, but when I do, I keep the left lane for 100+ miles!

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next time you're sitting at a red light, watch the people crossing through the intersection that are looking at their phones. It's actually miraculous that there aren't more accidents. Give me a guy leaving the bar after some beers over a texter anyday on the road anyday.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems like most can't put the phone down for a minute. Even when parking or backing out of a parking spot quite a few women are on the phone. Can't you put the phone down to get in the parking space or get out of it? This is getting way beyond rediculous.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was at a stop light where a large schools kids were getting out, it blew my mind how many were on the phone turning onto a major street. Like almost every single one of them.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
No more good Samaritan bullshit either. Quit lettin people out into traffic. Shit causes accidents and traffic jams. Go hold doors open for people at the mall to get yer fill of moral mayonnaise.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Texting is out of control, they need to make phones so they will not work in a vehicle, problem solved

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is still some very puzzling shit going on in regards to traffic up here in NW ND. The two head on collisions west of Williston on HWY 2 on two consecutive days happened 100 and 300 yards from the end of my driveway. The second was was absolutely gruesome. I've never seen a 3/4 ton pickup cut into three pieces like that. And the pieces were strung out in the ditch. First pieces was firewall forward, second piece was only the mid section with seats a hundred yards further. The box was another hundred yards down the road ditch. Accident happened at 2 am and they cleaned shit up till 1 pm.

The pasture land that butts up to highway 2 where these accidents happened was rezoned commercial about ten years ago and a few oil field companies built on it. Directly east of this commercial land is a residential housing development. Then another housing development across the highway from that one to the north. There are also two homes straight north across the highway from this commercial land. Then in 2015 the county updated all the commercial zoning in county. They redefined what commercial was basically. For the past ten years there hasn't been any new development in that commercial zoning. Now the county suddenly wants to rezone it to Heavy Industrial. By there own definition that zoning is one they don't want alongside residential. They want to do this because the current types of business that are in there don't meet their current commercial code and were grandfathered in and there are similar companies wanting to build there. This stretch of highway 2 has had extreme growth in traffic the past year. Highest it's ever been. Even higher now than when we were at the peak of the boom. There were two sand load out facilities built west of here and the semi traffic is insane. The county has not done a traffic count/study nor a public safety study. There are no turn lanes on this stretch of road. Planning and Zoning sent it right on through and now it goes before the commissioners. Absolutely unbelievable they would even consider this. This is the mentality up here.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Texting is out of control, they need to make phones so they will not work in a vehicle, problem solved
Bad thing is, when people get into accidents and they were on the phone, they lie to police to save their hide, but guess what it doesn't work because they can subpoena you're phone record and your toast, it should be automatic that the courts get your phone record when you are involved in an accident. People don't get it, the phones are causing a great deal of auto accidents its getting out of hand.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bad thing is, when people get into accidents and they were on the phone, they lie to police to save their hide, but guess what it doesn't work because they can subpoena you're phone record and your toast, it should be automatic that the courts get your phone record when you are involved in an accident. People don't get it, the phones are causing a great deal of auto accidents its getting out of hand.
That would be great but wouldn’t pass search seizure laws without a court approval

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70