Puppies Coming

danl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ssoooooo....We bought a female yellow lab and we planned on her having at least one litter of puppies before we got her fixed. A planned litter!!!!!!!! Anyway it seems that she got knocked up and the dad is a black and white springer spaniel. Not sure what to expect as to what they will look like. Anyone have any experience with that mix?

Anyone looking for a puppy coming up?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems like a good combo to me. hopefully they work cover like a springer and retrieve and swim like a lab. on the other end... might be as hyper as hell, retrieve like dogshit, eat everything in sight and shit like a racehorse. hope for the prior...

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
05E83409-3DE5-43F4-ADC6-49A951EAC80B.jpg

I have a labradinger. He’s awesome. He’s 11 months old now so still an idiot but he’s very mellow overall for a pup

- - - Updated - - -

259E9E58-5472-43B6-A601-C56EF07A1DF9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

EFF407A3-5B14-42AA-96B2-313F1BB66FFA.jpg
Hes more needy than I would prefer for a hunting dog but can’t really get mad or complain about that

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i want one!

not kidding. i've been thinking about a mutt for my next dog. my cousin had this exact same cross and i loved that little fella. but, alas... it should be at least 4 more years (hopefully, more) until i have to go dog shopping again. cute little effer Wags!

Last edited:

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Flew with a pilot on a sheep hunt this fall and he had two similar dogs. One male that was 6 and one female that was 2. They had a black lab mother and springer spaniel father. They were both nice and calm dogs. He takes them down to SW ND every fall and claims they are great bird dogs and were great to train. He even had them trained to wear head sets in the plane. That guy couldn't say enough good things about those two dogs and from what I saw, I think i believed him. I'm not really a dog person and I was impressed.

I told my wife when I got home that if we ever moved back to a place with bird hunting, I would get a mut with that breeding.

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take her in and get a puppy abortion. I had to do that before. Don't remember what the time frame had to be.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the parents have hunting instincts/bloodlines the pups should hunt. I may be interested in one of these pups.

danl

Founding Member
Founding Member
file1-1.jpg

Well it happened yesterday while I was at work. She had 9. 4 brown and 5 black with minimal white markings. The dad is a bird hunter but I don't know to much more about him. She is not a hunter. We got her for our son who has some needs. She is very docile for a lab.
This is the first female dog that I have ever had, so the whole puppy thing is new for the whole family. I walked into the house last night to 4 screaming boys telling me that the puppies are here. They were up late last night petting mom and holding and naming all the pups. Should be fun!

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck with your new family members, you have likely imprinted a love of dogs onto your children that they will carry for life. Giving the pups up will be hard, but many things in life are. Have a great day.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think JayKay and I should share one. It would be my dog, I would train it, I would be its master and it would be at my house 95% of the time. JK could take it for walks when it is cold out, it could poop/pee in his yard, and on days when I am away from home, especially when I leave at the last minute, JK would be responsible for it. Deal, JK?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69