Tripod game feeder

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a game feeder? Not looking to spend more than a couple hundred bucks but would like something easy to fill and has reliable power. I just started looking and see a fair number of poor reviews. I was just wondering if anyone had some experience with these? Thanks in advance!!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They work fine for me (have a 30 gallon mostr-d by wildgame) and depending on how one sets they will store enough to last a long time. Use solar panel for battery. But they can blow away if empty and no tie down in a open space.

But for me the best ones i have are gravity fed barrel either purchased (Banks outdoor #275) or home made. Just goes faster as it is free choice for the deer to eat on as much as they want. With a larger herd you will need to go up a lot more to fill.
Got 20-30 gallon plastic barrels at various farm dealers and put a mouse hole at bottom on a wooden plate. Best to get hole a little ways off the ground.
Feed put in needs to be clean so not to stop unit from turning or feeding grain down. db-2

Last edited:

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
We decided to try a feeder. Put one out a week ago. Moultrie Pro from Scheels. I believe it was $134 out the door with battery. So far seems to be a hit and works great. We shall see how it fairs the rest of the season. 74130.jpg

I like how you can set it for multiple feedings and it sprays that corn like crazy

Last edited:

Mgx2400

Honored Member
I have the same one. Mine's lasted a few years and held up to a bear attack. Bear never did get it open. Good feeder

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anyone is interested, I have a Wildgame one that came with some land I purchased and I have no plans to use it. First $50 takes it. Bismarck area.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a gravity fed one, they work well. :;:thumbsup

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A solid gravity feed, either home made or store bought will outlast anything that required power. In fact most guys I know that bought powered feeders ended up turning them into gravity feeders when some stick, ice, corn stalk, or whatever got caught in the mechanism and burned out the motor. Additionally, be VERY CAREFUL where you put a standing feeder. If anyone else sees the feeder, even on private land, you are almost guaranteed those hunting the neighboring property will place stands to intercept any and all deer moving to the feeder from bedding areas. I've seen some pretty unsportsmanlike behavior when a feeder location becomes known to the neighbors. Good Luck!!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
pffft... rookies

my feeder is 14ft tall, motorized... and bulletproof

crap... did I just jinx myself?

b69b2944-cc08-4ddf-9915-de0f34dd95d9-memecenter.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
14 ft tall? I can put some bullet holes in that. (I've seen that happen to feeders as well)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
14 ft tall? I can put some bullet holes in that. (I've seen that happen to feeders as well)

that crossed my mind!!!

so I put them deep into our property where you'd have to be actively trespassing and "hunting them" basically

could damn well happen anyway - which is why we try real hard to be good neighbors : )

- - - Updated - - -

did I say bulletproof?.... I meant bullproof - sorry

2018-10-16 09.10.32.jpg

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Moultree with a battery and attach a solar panel. will run ya about 150 but so worth it. only thing that failed for me is when a buck was poked in the ass when he was under the feeder and ran right through it, breaking the hanging motor. Little electrical tape and we were good to go again.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
To hide feeder however ones stand maybe sticks out as does no hunting signs and in this area all neighbors know where I am feeding for the most part but not all.
So do keep month shut and if big deer and wants to show off there are all kinds of places to say one shot it. I like to say behind the guys house.
Yes and some take advantage of that but then one can call them mapies, low life to there face and hopefully others join in and there are other ways to have fun with them but in the end they still can ruin it.
Hard to understand there ways. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76