New: Glo shot ice jig!

Mgx2400

Honored Member
These are pretty sweet. Picked up a bunch at scheels the other day. Can't wait to try them! GSJ-220_UV_Glo-Perch__34413.1537994188.400.400.jpg

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
every year I look in my jig boxes and say ive got too many jigs, not buying anymore. but then I see something like that and say, well I spose ive got room for a few more. how long do the glo sticks last? are they a pain in the ass? ive never used them

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The glow shot spoons were the ticket at night last winter and these will be just as good. These will be better for deadsticking as deep hooked trebles are no fun.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
images.jpghere is a new spoon form lindy, the whole spoon glows and not just a spot on the lure. Another item to lip hook fishermen
[h=3]Specifications[/h] Lindy Fishing Tackle's revolutionary Glow Spoon gives ice anglers a new weapon for attracting fish and triggering strikes. Replaceable glow sticks to light up the plastic spoon, which radiates the light in the color of the spoon. The unique shape imparts a swimming action on the drop, while tungsten rattles call in gamefish from distance.

• Glow sticks are replaceable and can be purchased in handy three-pack refills
  • Unique action drives predators to strike
  • Tungsten rattles attract gamefish from a distance
  • 1 per pack

the tazer light wont charge the lures that use glow sticks as they are a chemical reaction and not luminescent absorbent

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
the tazer light wont charge the lures that use glow sticks as they are a chemical reaction and not luminescent absorbent

Thanks..I was just thinking instead of getting the latest and greatest lure that catches FISHERPERSONS, the tazer works great on any existing UV jigs in the tackle box. Then again..latest and greatest seems to CATCH me many times as well. haha

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
No thanks. What a PIA to keep track of those little glow stick things. Glow paint works just fine, and if you're not checking your lure every so often anyway to make sure the minnow is lively and doesn't need to be replaced, then you're not checking it enough. Easy to reel up, check, give a quick recharge, then back down the hole.

I got a feeling that within a season or two these will be a thing of the past, although not before making the tackle companies a boat-load of money.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
No thanks. What a PIA to keep track of those little glow stick things. Glow paint works just fine, and if you're not checking your lure every so often anyway to make sure the minnow is lively and doesn't need to be replaced, then you're not checking it enough. Easy to reel up, check, give a quick recharge, then back down the hole.

I got a feeling that within a season or two these will be a thing of the past, although not before making the tackle companies a boat-load of money.

This!!
Many times when the Vex is marking the heck out of them but the bite isn't happening, simply reeling up and recharging...and slicing another portion off the minnow, gets them to strike.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is great - they're gonna sell a million of them

I bought one from a guy in Milwaukee a coulple years ago on Facebook - he was making them using laser-printing (mine is white)
maybe they bought him out or ripped him off but it's awesome - I hope he patented it

486009-DEFAULT-m.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've avoided any of this "glow stick" stuff. I know as soon as the three sticks run out, ill never buy them again and I'll be left with a weird lure ill never use again. Give me normal glow and yes red is best. Having said that, if i actually was with somebody who really out fished me i'm sure id have a bunch of them shortly after.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is great - they're gonna sell a million of them

I bought one from a guy in Milwaukee a coulple years ago on Facebook - he was making them using laser-printing (mine is white)
maybe they bought him out or ripped him off but it's awesome - I hope he patented it

486009-DEFAULT-m.jpg

Dang. If it's Vex I'll probably have to rig some wonky thing to make it jive with my Marcum stuff. Hmmm...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
it's made to fit in the rod-holder thingies - yes - you can figure something else out though with a drill, zip ties, bailing twine, jet fuel

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
it's made to fit in the rod-holder thingies - yes - you can figure something else out though with a drill, zip ties, bailing twine, jet fuel

You better be careful there Guy. You're dangerously close to losing your bungee cord sponsorship. They seem to be conspicuously absent in your list of possible attachment items.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM... I'm close to losing a bunch of sponsorships. I'm no spring chicken and the young guns at bungee.com are gunning for me.

Oh well - can't stay on top forever.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The brightness fades as they hit cold water.
they may not be as bright once sitting in the cold water for a period of time by they do make a difference at night when it is pitch black down there. Caught a lot of nice fish with them that wouldn’t hit anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn’t much harder than charging the lure. Try them at night once and you may be surprised.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77