What you broke this year ??

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm on my second water pump and had to clean sand out of my thermostat housings on my Etec 250 HO.
Had to adjust linkage cable for reverse after second pump swap. Sucks fishing without reverse....

My kicker 9.9 Johnson was going into limp mode I think due to an obstruction in the thermostat. Peeing good water out of motor but still getting warm. Still have to sort that problem out.

My prop ( Rebel 21P ) will get another trip to see the guys at Bis Prop works. Thanks RR tracks on Pelican lake. Bis prop works does awesome work by the way.

3rd Xi5 one time was my fault but second failure was a bug in the heading lock. Went crazy and started spinning till the cord pulled out the side of the unit. I still wouldn't own any other bow mount but the Xi5. I love the gateway link and when it works its unbelievable !!

Itroll quit working. Had the first gen with the crappy cords. Joel sent me the complete new second gen unit for free !! Been a great unit after I lubed up the Dial shaft with dielectric grease no problems since.

Tekota 300 LC. I have more than a couple but one line counter started to stop counting. After a couple trips and some WD-40 it was still messing up. Took it apart and the counter frame had cracked. New part $8.99 off the ol interweb.. Bought a spare just in case it happens again. Great reels wouldn't own anything else.

Backed my truck into a retaining wall and bent my Towtector...... Looks crappy but still works.

Lost a Tekota 300LC and Scheels extreme trolling rod on the west side of Grahms island. Don't know what happened was trolling along with 4 rods and next time I looked I had 3.... Tried for an hour to snag the line but gave up.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, just curious what has failed for you guys this year ?

I heard 300 Verado's don't like any water in the fuel......

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
geez!

as for me - I tore up my al prop - had it on since 2004
bent that one back into decent shape for a spare and put on a prop with higher pitch and gained a massive 2 mph :;:rockit

Royce knocked my fish measuring board overboard

So basically I'm having a great year - good fishing and near zero $$$ other than new 12' Talon

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I busted the skeg off of my 225 opti, cost $100 for the aluminum replacement deal.
Broke a scheels rod, replaced it with a shinny new one just a couple days ago, free of charge.

That's it that I can remember this year.

I have spent 10's of thousands in repairs over the years, just been an easy one this year. knock on wood

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forgot I also busted a Scheels Nano spinning rod, still need to take the trip of shame back to the store.... Doing good on rods this year, broke 4 last year ;)

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I broke the 5th metatarsal in my foot ;:;banghead Glad I don't have a boat to break anything on.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forgot I also busted a Scheels Nano spinning rod, still need to take the trip of shame back to the store.... Doing good on rods this year, broke 4 last year ;)
scheels rods break like crazy. They must be making a killing on them to afford all the returns.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Broke a nice IM8 casting rod I bought at the Wolves on the Water Walleye tournament. It was custom made for Northern State University. ;:;boohoo

Then I broke a Fenwick HMX baitcaster rod while hauling a 6 pound pike into the boat the next weekend. I ended up shipping it back and they sent me a HMG for only a $10 upgrade fee.

Then to top it off, I broke my GL Loomis GL2 setting the hook into a large snag on Lake Oahe. :;:huh I got that replaced for free, only had to pay a small shipping fee. Got that replaced yesterday. ;:;bowdown

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Three Scheels rods (1 trolling, one guide series, one walleye series)

Put a new-to-me motor on this year and had about 2 months of bugs to chase out. New oil pump, fuel filter, fuel lines/bulb, carb cleaning. Ended up being a low oil sensor...that was doing its' job. She runs like a cheetah on cocaine now.

Bumped into a sandbar with my bow mount, hit the "throttle" and watched as it almost went in the drink. Thanks to a friend with quick reaction skills, he caught it. Found out that whomever put it on, used lag bolts. reattached using stainless steel bolts, locking nuts and washers.

I think that's it.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
scheels rods break like crazy. They must be making a killing on them to afford all the returns.

Can a guy take back a scheels rod and trade up? I have a couple of tournament series I don't use much anymore.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Three Scheels rods (1 trolling, one guide series, one walleye series)

Put a new-to-me motor on this year and had about 2 months of bugs to chase out. New oil pump, fuel filter, fuel lines/bulb, carb cleaning. Ended up being a low oil sensor...that was doing its' job. She runs like a cheetah on cocaine now.

Bumped into a sandbar with my bow mount, hit the "throttle" and watched as it almost went in the drink. Thanks to a friend with quick reaction skills, he caught it. Found out that whomever put it on, used lag bolts. reattached using stainless steel bolts, locking nuts and washers.

I think that's it.

how did you manage to break 3 rods already? lol

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah... I am on my third water pump soon as it comes in.
Bent my skeg on a devil's deadhead. chewed the prop good too. just filed er down I'll have to bring it in this winter to get patched up. only lost 1.5 mph
Tore a hatch off. I was adjusting it so it would quit rubbing got a phone call turned around and sat down on it. my bad
Messed up a brand new battery for my tm. Did you know some batteries have a post in the post?
2 cheaper reels. One handle broke. One got a bunch of sand in the drag.
2 plastic reel seats broke
2 guides got busted
1 tip top went missing
most of this happened when they were in my shed being stored as they are my loner/spare sets. not sure how though
both taillights on the trailer. Not sure what happened I remember seeing water pouring out of one on my way down to the boat so they were there then, later driving home I got pulled over and both were busted

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found out my 8yr old Crestliner's transom was rotten, I paid about 60% of the bill.

I broke a 7' Kistler spinning rod, I guess even with rod socks they can get tangled and break.

I broke the down imaging transducer for my 'Bird 788 while the GPS read 57MPH on the new to me Yar Craft on it's maiden voyage.

Tore a small hole in one of the seats on the new Yar Craft. Had all of the seats out to clean the fiberglass floor and during a re-position with the pickup, nudged one of the seats with a pickup tire and tore a quarter sized hole in it.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lost a St .Croix/Pfluger over the side. Was in the rod holder and heard a clunk as it went overboard. Marked a way point and kept on going.

Last night got an unexpected shove from a wave and bent the roller/winch bracket on the trailer.

Wife sent the net overboard last night but it was rescued.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now we talking fishing and hunting or anything goes???
Just yesterday, my window regulator on passenger side on the pickup decided to take a shit..got the door all apart waiting for new one to show up.....currently driving my 93 pick up.....as for fishing..haven't broke nuttin yet and don't have a boat to be running into sandbars....you are always in good hands with Allstate.....or like a good neighbor..state farm is there.. poof...

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I replaced a live well pump. Next trip out I was taking on water found out the hoses cracked during the replacment. So I replaced those. I hit a sandbar with my trolling g motor bent the lever for the release. Not sure but I think a hit a log and ripped the transducer off. Bought a new rod at the tent sale at Scheels, it broke on a snag a week later. Next trip out my son broke the tip of a rod while putting on a BB. An hour later he broke anouther one on a snag. I. Sure there is more but I've been trying to forget.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Set my new Thorne Bros down on the bench up at LOW to stretch my legs and a fish took off with it. Tweaked my skag a bit, but a couple smacks with a rubber mallet got it straight again. Had a 2 of 3 sonar units go out on me one day but luckily they were both because of a broken ground wire. My stow and deploy lever no longer deploys my Terrova so she went to Scheels today for repair. There's always something fix or replace when you got stuff and use it.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried to lift a smallie into the boat with my trolling rod, stepped on one while I was trying to hurry at the ramp, mom slammed a jump seat shut on my other one. As far as scheels is concerned, all when I did a massive, bass fishing hook set.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67