One Lucky Dude

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems we've had a quiet fall thus far for waterfowl/boating accidents. This guy is beyond lucky.

[h=1]Duck hunter rescued from capsized canoe near Medina, ND[/h][FONT=&quot]Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:14 a.m. CST by Don Haney[/FONT]
water_and_rocks_beach.jpg

Photo: MWC[FONT=&quot]JAMESTOWN, N.D. (KFGO) - A close call for a duck hunter. The Pennsylvania man's canoe capsized in a slough in the middle of a cornfield south of Medina, North Dakota on Monday.
Stutsman County Sheriff Chad Kaiser tells KFGO News his hunting party discovered him about 100 yards from shore, clinging to his canoe in the deep, cold water, without a life preserver. The hunting party called 911 and deputies responded quickly. One deputy using rescue gear swam into the icy water to the overturned canoe and was able to get the hunter back to shore.
He was taken by ambulance to the Jamestown hospital to be checked for hypothermia and later released
[/FONT]

https://kfgo.com/news/articles/2018...from-capsized-canoe-near-medina-north-dakota/

Last edited by a moderator:

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Another reminder to use a life jacket when hunting from a boat of any kind. You can buy the self-inflating preservers for about $100. Worth every dime and more when you're in the water.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear my life preserver when only going out 20 feet in my little boat duck hunting, I know I can not swim and i wont risk it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80