I Phone or Samsung need advice

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is like a ford vs Chevy question. FYI iPhones rule and fords suck.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cat S41 is what I have. Android operating system like a Samsung. Huge battery that lasts a few days depending on use. I would not recommend it for anyone looking to play games but for talk/text and browsing the web it does just fine. And it's alot cheaper than a new iPhone or Samsung

Mgx2400

Honored Member
Don't do an iphone. They suck. Got a Samsung from straight talk right now. Pretty happy. 50 dollar phone. No contract. $35 a month for 2 gb of data. Use WiFi at the house most of the time. Check them out next time you at walmart. You won't be dissatisfied. I guarantee

Sluggin_Guts

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not a big Apple guy and when it comes to phones I prefer the Android OS. That said I'm a fan of Samsung and my last several phones have been them. Currently have a Galaxy S8+ and while I like it, I still wish I had my S7 at times. If you don't need the latest and best the S7 isn't as big as the S8 and fits in your pants pocket better. S7 still uses the micro USB charging port which is common on a ton of stuff. The micro USB is known to have connection issues over time with a lot of use and that's why I was forced to upgrade.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Android guy here it's what I started to use and have like them haven't had a reason to switch. The last two phones I had have been Samsung and both were good. Used to be able to get a replacement battery for Samsung but can no longer do that making them as dumb as an iPhone

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had iPhones for five years. No complaints here. What I really like is the fact that you can link it up to your macbook. I do a lot of my work on both. I won’t use it anything else. You can get a replacement battery for the iPhone at batteries plus.
Did that recently, no issues.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Samsungs - suck -- fire starters - bloatware loaded

Apple - quality phone but they burn batteries and they rip people off -- we just took a trip with 32 people --- damn apple people had to find a charger.

Get a google phone --- they update when android releases a new version. Best camera hands down. I never have had an issue. My history with smart phones - had a Samsung most of my smart phone life ---- then an apple ----- then a moto (both battery burners to no end)

Plus I have a drone that needs to use 5g -- no questions asked the pixel hooked right up and my video feed with that drone --- I haven't lost the feed (my tablet that is a Samsung will hook up too - however gets fuzzy at extended ranges)

Of course this is a gm vs ford vs dodge vs Toyota topic

I have not used the latest and greatest from Samsung s9 or s10 whatever it is. When I purchased the pixel was priced better.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
First things first. Which smartphone comes with a bold button on the keyboard?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was Android had to switch to the frail iPhone. Not impressed battery sucks and sucks extra balls when cold. If I had to pick Samsung

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is like a ford vs Chevy question. FYI iPhones rule and fords suck.
I was a Chevy guy, now I drive a Tundra (Google Pixel) and I don't think I would go back. Get the phone a topper (LifeProof case). They add little bulk to the phone but are waterproof.
Also, to save money I buy last year's model.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Samsung makes that smart phone flip phone. I would luv to have that. But damn thing is priced way out of range. I miss the fold up ends the call

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your not looking for anything special I know Samsung has some cheaper phones like the J7 that arnt to bad to by outright. If your going to do any of the financing threw the carrier I would run and get one today(or before the sales end). Most places are offering a $300 gift card when you get a newer phone right now.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
F apple in their smelly A.
Their phones are rediculously over-priced and don't do anything that an Android 1/3 the price will do.
I'm no fan of Google, but Apple can go die in a fire. All of their products are 90% flashy advertising fanboy bullshit, and 10% cheap Chinese hardware.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
my personal phone is a samsung and i love it, it can do everything the apple can do app wise and the apps are either free or 1/2 the price... the apple I have for my work phone is nothing but a pain in the ass to use I have had it for 4 years and still grumble every time I try to do something on it... I could actually cut my phone bill down and just use my work phone as my personal but I hate the iphone so much I refuse to do that

- - - Updated - - -

oh i forgot to mention the last time apple invented something new and cutting edge was never... they just take technology someone else has come up with and wrap it in a new package and have a good advertising team

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
1.) green texters scare me (do alot of online deals and it's more comforting when it's blue replying back.)
2.) imessage is the the shit (nice to see when ppl are relpying and works better for group SMS.)
3.) since it's your first smart phone and are guna need some help, the odds of friends/family circle having an iPhone are way high.
4.) Icloud is superior to any form of backup of all your data.
5.) iphone screens are MUCH cheaper to repair (I have a contact in SE part of the state of state that blows everyone else out of the H2O if anybody needs repairs done.)
6.) Find my iPhone is super convenient in case you lose/misplace your phone and is built into IOS.

Both Apple and Samsung need to stop purposely ruining thier older generation phones thru the software updates. It's super annoying, very unethical way to make your customers buy new devices. (Stay away from iphone 7 and 7 plus at all costs right now JUST because of this!)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67