Lund windshield replacement

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been pointed in a couple directions to find a replacement for my dads 2003 lund fisherman adventure 1700. The passenger glass is broken but the frame is still intact. Just want to get all my options together before I make phone calls tomorrow morning.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tayler made, I will curse that company until the day I die. No way I will ever again buy a full windshield boat. A person should not have to spend two grand just to replace a half a windshield! Because these asshole are constantly reshaping their glass and refuse to mill replacement glass.

buzzard01

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep.just went through this same bullshit with Lund and Taylormade for my 06 Fisherman for the starboard side..They have a good scam going on between the two of them..Break one glass replace whole winshield...Dodge should try the same scam..tranny goes replace it and motor because there attached.Dodge and cummins both win...Any how I recommend giving Virden rec in Virden Manitoba a call..They helped me out big time.

- - - Updated - - -

Another option is Vallelly in minot...they told me 719.00 for whole windshield...while other Lund stealerships said 2000.00.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Luckily, I know a guy at vallely. There was a guy at the lake that had to replace his starboard side and still had his port side in the garage. His was a 2011 though.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Full windshields are nice, but man can they be a headache when something needs to be fixed or repaired on them.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tayler made, I will curse that company until the day I die. No way I will ever again buy a full windshield boat. A person should not have to spend two grand just to replace a half a windshield! Because these asshole are constantly reshaping their glass and refuse to mill replacement glass.

If we went back to flat glass plate they'd all get a lot cheaper to fix.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is Warrior the only boat company that makes a windshield that you sit behind instead of look over? I'm a mere 5'10" and even with air-ride seats all the way down I still look over the top of windshields from Ranger, Yar Craft, Skeeter, Crestliner, Lund, and Alumacraft for sure.

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'm 5'9" and dont have to look over my windshield in the ranger i have.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is Warrior the only boat company that makes a windshield that you sit behind instead of look over? I'm a mere 5'10" and even with air-ride seats all the way down I still look over the top of windshields from Ranger, Yar Craft, Skeeter, Crestliner, Lund, and Alumacraft for sure.

DSC04221.jpg

I don't think my windshield could get any taller.

I've heard lots of horror stories trying to replace boat glass. Hope mine never breaks!

cornman53

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check Craigslist. I had the passenger side break out of my '01 Tyee and found a guy in MN that had his driver side taken out by a tree. He bought the full windshield from Taylor Made. I was able to get it from him for a couple hundred vs. over $2000 from Taylor Made.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a guy with his windshield tinted about pure black last week, was weird looking.
I also would think it to be a bad idea, and maybe not legal

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

If windshield wipers were standard issue maybe they would. But spray/salt makes visibility near zero quite often so you need to look over the top.

Why no wipers on smaller pleasure boats?

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have wondered the no wipers too. Hell ive seen cars with wipers on the headlights. I want wipers on my boat too

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know of a spray on product that works better than rainex? ive used that foe awhile but it leaves alot left to be desired.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have wondered the no wipers too. Hell ive seen cars with wipers on the headlights. I want wipers on my boat too

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know of a spray on product that works better than rainex? ive used that foe awhile but it leaves alot left to be desired.

Aquapel.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69