New side by side

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a question for those of you that have purchased a crew cab ranger with cab, heat/ac, tracks etc. basically the works in the past year. What kind of prices did you pay or find shopping around. Looking for ballpark as i’m not a fan of calling around and jewing over prices, just like to know what ranges we’re looking at.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Call Herreid, SD which is south of Sterling, ND on 85.
Also call or email Abernathy's in Tennessee, they are the cheapest by far! Could have gotten a new 18 crew cab North Star Edition this summer for $22,000.
Now this is the one with cab, doors, windshield front and back, heat, and air conditioning , also a crew cab.
No tracks at this price.

Last edited:

Mgx2400

Honored Member
I paid right around 22 total for my 2018 xp1000 single cab with a full cab and heater last year.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'll be running the tires to the rim on my Honda with the prices of these things nowadays. :;:smokin

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
how about a used John Deere Gator, are they any good?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gator are good but noisy. Suppose to be one of the cleaner machines as far as dust.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get to drive a 19 defender and a 19 ranger allot both 1,000s, the new ranger is a way better machine than the 18 was. They had to keep up with the defender "no joke, everyone in our area is going to defenders". Fit and finish goes to the defender. After a year of every day use "about 8,000 miles" the Defender is pretty much the same as when you bought it. The ranger after a year of every day use is ready to get traded off, no where near the quality of the defender.
And with the farm ranch package the defender comes with a two year warranty witch is nice and makes it allot easier to get rid of.
The defender is roomier and has more useful storage in the cab its not even close. Polaris who the hell needs all those cup holders?? Give me more shelf room on the dash!
The 19 ranger's cab is quieter than the defender and it has a softer ride I will give it that for this year.
Platinum motor sports in Dickinson has been very fair with can-am. And Randy at Dakota sports is hard to beat when it comes to Polaris.
if you want to save money you might look north of the border with our dollar being as strong as it is. Have bought several boats and recreational vehicles up there over the years. It's crazy what they are going for now days, if it was my money I'd be buying a used crew cab Toyota 4x4 truck myself..

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pioneer owners, did they ever get some of the air leaks taken care of in them in the last year or so ? I rode in a 2015 and it was about like riding out in the open. You could literally see outside through the shifter. Am a huge fan of shaft driven compared to belt, but Honda's fit and finish is questionable.

Last edited:

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get to drive a 19 defender and a 19 ranger allot both 1,000s, the new ranger is a way better machine than the 18 was. They had to keep up with the defender "no joke, everyone in our area is going to defenders". Fit and finish goes to the defender. After a year of every day use "about 8,000 miles" the Defender is pretty much the same as when you bought it. The ranger after a year of every day use is ready to get traded off, no where near the quality of the defender.
And with the farm ranch package the defender comes with a two year warranty witch is nice and makes it allot easier to get rid of.
The defender is roomier and has more useful storage in the cab its not even close. Polaris who the hell needs all those cup holders?? Give me more shelf room on the dash!
The 19 ranger's cab is quieter than the defender and it has a softer ride I will give it that for this year.
Platinum motor sports in Dickinson has been very fair with can-am. And Randy at Dakota sports is hard to beat when it comes to Polaris.
if you want to save money you might look north of the border with our dollar being as strong as it is. Have bought several boats and recreational vehicles up there over the years. It's crazy what they are going for now days, if it was my money I'd be buying a used crew cab Toyota 4x4 truck myself..

How's it purchasing a machine in Canada and getting it to the US?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69